Re: Shangri-La Diet

>>I suspect it is just psychological, but, any port
in a storm. <<

I'm a great "believer" in the adage that, if it works; keep doing it.
If it doesn't work; do something else. I'm also a "believer" that
people are different from each other and that what works for someone
(or even the majority) won't necessarily work for everyone.

In other words... whatever floats your boat, or, to make it more
relevant to a swimming newsgroup, ... whatever floats your butt.

>In other words... whatever floats your
>boat, or, to make it more relevant to a
>swimming newsgroup, ... whatever floats
>your butt.

A well maintained lumbar arch would achieve that for most.

SC

>>A well maintained lumbar arch would achieve that for most.<<

Report card: Steve is a pleasure to have in class and has shown steady
improvement.

Has it ever been shown that simply eating three square meals a day is
better for some people than grazing? Or is grazing thought to be the
preferred way to eat and control weight for everybody.

I personally find it easier to eat a decent breakfast, lunch, and
dinner, trying not to snack at all, and control overall calories that
way rather than trying to walk a tight line all day, just nibbling here
and there. I suppose it's difficult to kick the habit of wanting to
feel full.

But has anybody ever tested that in a study and written about it?

Eric

Larry Weisenthal wrote:

>>A well maintained lumbar arch would
>>achieve that for most.

>Report card: Steve is a pleasure to have
>in class and has shown steady
>improvement.

Thanks for the compliment Larry. This is an ego boost for a guy who's
turning 60 next month, and is a committed lifelong "student" of swimming
grinding out 2800 yard workouts everyday. Hopefully the lumbar arch
won't flatten out too much with age. :)

Steve Curtis

[email protected] wrote:
> Has it ever been shown that simply eating three square meals a day is
> better for some people than grazing? Or is grazing thought to be the
> preferred way to eat and control weight for everybody.
>
> I personally find it easier to eat a decent breakfast, lunch, and
> dinner, trying not to snack at all, and control overall calories that
> way rather than trying to walk a tight line all day, just nibbling here
> and there. I suppose it's difficult to kick the habit of wanting to
> feel full.
>
> But has anybody ever tested that in a study and written about it?
>
> Eric

Not exactly an answer to your question, but I have been told that it is
better for your body to be consistent--that your liver and pancreas (and
especiallty your gall bladder) thrive on routine. So it doesn't matter
which you do as long as you are consistent.
Madelaine