Re: Shimano, IMBA Release MTB Economics "Study" (Read "Lies")

Jason

Guest
* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
> "50 million Americans mountain bike"? Yeah, right. This "study" is
> nothing but lies designed to promote mountain biking -- nothing new
> for mountain bikers. They never write ANYTHING that isn't propaganda..

So you have a lot in common with them then, what's your point?

Jason

Jason wrote:
> * Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
>> "50 million Americans mountain bike"? Yeah, right. This "study" is
>> nothing but lies designed to promote mountain biking -- nothing new
>> for mountain bikers. They never write ANYTHING that isn't propaganda..
>>

> So you have a lot in common with them then, what's your point?
>
> Jason

I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle
Shaped Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB
style. There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could
survive 10 minutes of real mountain biking because something would break
in that 10 minutes.

"Eric Vey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jason wrote:
>> * Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
>>> "50 million Americans mountain bike"? Yeah, right. This "study" is
>>> nothing but lies designed to promote mountain biking -- nothing new
>>> for mountain bikers. They never write ANYTHING that isn't propaganda..
>>>

>> So you have a lot in common with them then, what's your point?
>>
>> Jason

> I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle Shaped
> Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB style.
> There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could survive 10
> minutes of real mountain biking because something would break in that 10
> minutes.

Mike insists that it would be your scrotum that would break, therefore you
should stay home.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> "Eric Vey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Jason wrote:
>>>>

>>> So you have a lot in common with them then, what's your point?
>>>
>>> Jason

>> I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle
>> Shaped Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB
>> style. There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could
>> survive 10 minutes of real mountain biking because something would
>> break in that 10 minutes.

> Mike insists that it would be your scrotum that would break, therefore
> you should stay home.

I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:13:21 -0400, Eric Vey <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>
>> "Eric Vey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle
>>> Shaped Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB
>>> style. There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could
>>> survive 10 minutes of real mountain biking because something would
>>> break in that 10 minutes.

>> Mike insists that it would be your scrotum that would break, therefore
>> you should stay home.
>>

>I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
>kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.

Because they are too stupid.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:13:28 -0400, Eric Vey <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Jason wrote:
>> * Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
>>> "50 million Americans mountain bike"? Yeah, right. This "study" is
>>> nothing but lies designed to promote mountain biking -- nothing new
>>> for mountain bikers. They never write ANYTHING that isn't propaganda..
>>>

>> So you have a lot in common with them then, what's your point?
>>
>> Jason

>I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle
>Shaped Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB
>style. There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could
>survive 10 minutes of real mountain biking because something would break
>in that 10 minutes.

Hmmm. IMBA & Shimano say "50 million Americans mountain bike". I say
far fewer. Which of us is right? DUH!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
> Hmmm. IMBA & Shimano say "50 million Americans mountain bike". I say
> far fewer. Which of us is right? DUH!

Considering your history of problems with the truth I feel say betting
my money on IMBA and Shimano being correct.

Jason

On Mar 11, 7:22 pm, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:13:21 -0400, Eric Vey <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> >Jeff Strickland wrote:

> >> "Eric Vey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>news:[email protected]...

> >> Mike insists that it would be your scrotum that would break, therefore
> >> you should stay home.

> >I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
> >kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.

> Because they are too stupid.

So you're saying the 'smart' thing to do, is to put you on our ignore
list. Does this mean you admit you have nothing of value for us to
read?

Mike Vandeman wrote:

>> I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
>> kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.

> Because they are too stupid.

Please post when the next 'PhD' is coming. It should be an interesting
one.... How many years of troll data now? ;-)

Mike

On Mar 11, 7:13 pm, Eric Vey <[email protected]> wrote:
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>
> > "Eric Vey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...

> >> I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle
> >> Shaped Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB
> >> style. There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could
> >> survive 10 minutes of real mountain biking because something would
> >> break in that 10 minutes.

> > Mike insists that it would be your scrotum that would break, therefore
> > you should stay home.

> I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
> kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.

I've been wondering when someone would find the right solution to this
problem. How long would this go on if nobody ever responded to Mike V?

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 06:28:07 -0300, Jason <[email protected]>
wrote:

>* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
>> Hmmm. IMBA & Shimano say "50 million Americans mountain bike". I say
>> far fewer. Which of us is right? DUH!

>Considering your history of problems with the truth I feel say betting
>my money on IMBA and Shimano being correct.
>
>Jason

Then you are even more naive and stupid than the typical mountain
biker.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:41:36 -0700 (PDT), Marz
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mar 11, 7:22 pm, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:13:21 -0400, Eric Vey <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>> >I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
>> >kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.

>> Because they are too stupid.

>So you're saying the 'smart' thing to do, is to put you on our ignore
>list. Does this mean you admit you have nothing of value for us to
>read?

I didn't say that. You did.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:16:34 -0700 (PDT), bluezfolk
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mar 11, 7:13 pm, Eric Vey <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>
>> > "Eric Vey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

>> > Mike insists that it would be your scrotum that would break, therefore
>> > you should stay home.

>> I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
>> kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.

>I've been wondering when someone would find the right solution to this
>problem. How long would this go on if nobody ever responded to Mike V?

Silly question. I don't care whether anyone responds or not. The fact
is, mountain bikers are worried that someone might learn the truth
about mountain biking from me. Not that they can prevent it.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Eric Vey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>
>> "Eric Vey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle
>>> Shaped Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB
>>> style. There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could
>>> survive 10 minutes of real mountain biking because something would break
>>> in that 10 minutes.

>> Mike insists that it would be your scrotum that would break, therefore
>> you should stay home.
>>

> I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't kept
> up. I don't know why people haven't done that.

Because sometimes there is humor in stupidity. Art Linkletter once said,
"kids say the darnedest things." Indeed, he based a television show on the
premise, and it was a hit. He did not know what kind of **** would flow out
of Mike Vanedman's mouth/keyboard. Clearly, Mike's spewings are not material
for a TV show, but once you get over how sadly pathetic he is, there is a
certain amount of humor in the conclusions he draws.

news:eek:[email protected]...

>>I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
>>kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.

> Because they are too stupid.

Do you even realize that the guy you replied to won't even see your post
unless somebody else replies to it? Talk about stupid! Pot, kettle, black.

On Mar 12, 10:19 pm, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:41:36 -0700 (PDT), Marz
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >On Mar 11, 7:22 pm, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Because they are too stupid.

> >So you're saying the 'smart' thing to do, is to put you on our ignore
> >list. Does this mean you admit you have nothing of value for us to
> >read?

> I didn't say that. You did.

I didn't say anything, I asked a question.