Re: Shirtless running

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Dot, Oct 18, 2004.

  1. Dot

    Dot Guest

    Ignoramus31337 wrote:

    > What is the low ambient temperature when shirtless running becomes
    > unadvisable?

    I know one skier (former Olympian) went shirtless in a 100-mile ultra
    last winter in Alaska - at least for part of it. When the sun is out on
    snow, it gets quite warm. He was also smoking the course and spent less
    than half the time the runners did enjoying the course.

    But, in general, the guys have given you the recommendations to solve
    your problem.

    Dot

    --
    "So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste
    away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

    Tags:

  2. Bear G

    Bear G Guest

    Dot wrote:
    > But, in general, the guys have given you the recommendations to solve
    > your problem.

    I keep thinking that if Ig can fix his chaffing problem by
    removing his shirt, can I solve my chaffing problem by removing my
    shorts?

  3. Dot

    Dot Guest

    Bear G wrote:
    > Dot wrote:
    >
    >> But, in general, the guys have given you the recommendations to solve
    >> your problem.

    > I keep thinking that if Ig can fix his chaffing problem by removing his
    > shirt, can I solve my chaffing problem by removing my shorts?

    Ask Brian B. He's the expert on those races ;)

    Dot

    --
    "So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste
    away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

  4. Sam

    Sam Guest

    "Bear G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:TK%[email protected]_s54...
    > Dot wrote:
    >> But, in general, the guys have given you the recommendations to solve
    >> your problem.

    > I keep thinking that if Ig can fix his chaffing problem by removing his
    > shirt, can I solve my chaffing problem by removing my shorts?

    Your running without shorts would "chafe" those running around you.

  5. Harold Buck

    Harold Buck Guest

    In article <TK%[email protected]_s54>,
    Bear G <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Dot wrote:
    > > But, in general, the guys have given you the recommendations to solve
    > > your problem.

    > I keep thinking that if Ig can fix his chaffing problem by
    > removing his shirt, can I solve my chaffing problem by removing my
    > shorts?

    Just make sure the race lets you wear headphones so you can crank some
    good music and drown out the laughter. :)

    --Harold Buck

    "I used to rock and roll all night,
    and party every day.
    Then it was every other day. . . ."
    -Homer J. Simpson

  6. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    "Sam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:yh8dd.1194$%[email protected]

    > "Bear G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:TK%[email protected]_s54...
    >> Dot wrote:
    >>> But, in general, the guys have given you the recommendations to
    >>> solve
    >>> your problem.

    >> I keep thinking that if Ig can fix his chaffing problem by removing
    >> his shirt, can I solve my chaffing problem by removing my shorts?

    > Your running without shorts would "chafe" those running around you.

    I can see the headlines - "Whiplashed runners sue for trophy
    possession."

    -DF

  7. A.P.

    A.P. Guest

    "Doug Freese" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I can see the headlines -

    Well, I could if I had my bifocals on. At my age I'm lucky to see at all.

    -DF