Re: Shirtless running

Dot

Guest
Ignoramus31337 wrote:

> What is the low ambient temperature when shirtless running becomes
> unadvisable?

I know one skier (former Olympian) went shirtless in a 100-mile ultra
last winter in Alaska - at least for part of it. When the sun is out on
snow, it gets quite warm. He was also smoking the course and spent less
than half the time the runners did enjoying the course.

But, in general, the guys have given you the recommendations to solve
your problem.

Dot

--
"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste
away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Dot wrote:
> But, in general, the guys have given you the recommendations to solve
> your problem.

I keep thinking that if Ig can fix his chaffing problem by
removing his shirt, can I solve my chaffing problem by removing my
shorts?

Bear G wrote:
> Dot wrote:
>
>> But, in general, the guys have given you the recommendations to solve
>> your problem.

> I keep thinking that if Ig can fix his chaffing problem by removing his
> shirt, can I solve my chaffing problem by removing my shorts?

Ask Brian B. He's the expert on those races ;)

Dot

--

"Bear G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Dot wrote:
>> But, in general, the guys have given you the recommendations to solve
>> your problem.

> I keep thinking that if Ig can fix his chaffing problem by removing his
> shirt, can I solve my chaffing problem by removing my shorts?

Your running without shorts would "chafe" those running around you.

In article <TK%cd.206787$wV.7207@attbi_s54>,
Bear G <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dot wrote:
> > But, in general, the guys have given you the recommendations to solve
> > your problem.

> I keep thinking that if Ig can fix his chaffing problem by
> removing his shirt, can I solve my chaffing problem by removing my
> shorts?

Just make sure the race lets you wear headphones so you can crank some
good music and drown out the laughter. :)

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."
-Homer J. Simpson

"Sam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:yh8dd.1194$%[email protected]...

> "Bear G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Dot wrote:
>>> But, in general, the guys have given you the recommendations to
>>> solve
>>> your problem.

>> I keep thinking that if Ig can fix his chaffing problem by removing
>> his shirt, can I solve my chaffing problem by removing my shorts?

> Your running without shorts would "chafe" those running around you.

I can see the headlines - "Whiplashed runners sue for trophy
possession."

-DF