Re: Shogun Trail Breaker 2 information needed

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by speed kills, Oct 3, 2003.

  1. speed kills

    speed kills Guest

    It's only through personal experience that you'll learn what you need
    and what's good and what's crap for your particular purposes.

  2. Cletus75

    Cletus75 Guest

    speed kills wrote:
    > It's only through personal experience that you'll learn what you need
    > and what's good and what's crap for your particular purposes.

    Thanks folks. I was just looking to see if anyone had advice on major
    potholes to avoid. I ended up picking up the 2003 model Merida Matt
    Sport 300 for half price in one of the run-out sales (which took it down
    to the same price as the Shogun).

    It rides really well, I found it really fun but that's probably because
    I'm not in a training mindset when I'm on it. Big thing is I miss having
    clipless shoes - more than once my foot slipped off the pedal when
    accelerating. Might be the next upgrade (those dual pedals - clips on
    one side, flat on the other so that I have the option). Also noted that
    the front derailleur is a bit sloppy (only Acera) wheras the rest of the
    setup is Alivio. But for what it's intended for, it looks like its more
    than up to the job.

    Thanks for your thoughts. :p