Re: Shogun Trail Breaker 2 information needed

speed kills

Guest
It's only through personal experience that you'll learn what you need
and what's good and what's **** for your particular purposes.

Cletus75

Guest
speed kills wrote:
> It's only through personal experience that you'll learn what you need
> and what's good and what's **** for your particular purposes.

Thanks folks. I was just looking to see if anyone had advice on major
potholes to avoid. I ended up picking up the 2003 model Merida Matt
Sport 300 for half price in one of the run-out sales (which took it down
to the same price as the Shogun).

It rides really well, I found it really fun but that's probably because
I'm not in a training mindset when I'm on it. Big thing is I miss having
clipless shoes - more than once my foot slipped off the pedal when
accelerating. Might be the next upgrade (those dual pedals - clips on
one side, flat on the other so that I have the option). Also noted that
the front derailleur is a bit sloppy (only Acera) wheras the rest of the
setup is Alivio. But for what it's intended for, it looks like its more
than up to the job.

Thanks for your thoughts. :p