In article <[email hidden]>,
Benjamin Lewis said:Curtis L. Russell said:you know? said:> Mmm, sausage. That's probably the first thing that's made me think
> Feynman's contention may not be applicable in every instance.
Quoted message said:One could well argue that in this particular case Feynman (or my
interpretation of what he said) are correct, and that I am merely and
deliberately assessing the intrinsic "beauty" of sausage poorly, simply
because I enjoy the way it tastes.
Having had a chance to tour a friend's turkey farm, I now feel better
than ever about eating turkey (alas, I still prefer duck and chicken,
though I'll eat turkey any day).
Quoted message said:I think I'd like to go ride my bicycle now. I believe that my assessment
of the beauty of a bicycle is very good indeed.
Some ride stats for you:
I did a 57-minute ride today, on my fast bike, and averaged 27.0 km/h. A
little warm-up, a few intervals, a little time on the aero bars.
The route was Barnet westbound, up Curtis, loop around SFU, then
descend, then up Broadway to North, and back down to Port Moody.
Given the roughly 1200 feet of gain on that ride, I'm pretty happy with
the time.
Hit 80.5 km/h on the descent, avg. HR 160 bpm, peak 210 bpm.
I dunno, I like riding against the computer,
--
Ryan Cousineau, [email hidden] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club