General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: shorts and underwear

Started by David Geesaman · · Last activity · 1 post · 398 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
9 May 2005
Last activity
9 May 2005
Original author
David Geesaman
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
398
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    i want to start running a bit to lose some weight, i am going the
    mega-cheap route(walmart). i got some really cheap shoes and some cheap
    polyester mesh shorts. do i need to wear underwear with the shorts?
    they dont have a built in brief or anything, but all i have is cotton
    briefs and boxers and the white cotton briefs seem to defeat the
    breathability of the shorts. im only gonna be running in the dark (
    around 2am ). i might get some real running shorts later, but till
    then... what do u think

    I find that running shorts alone are fine if they have the built-in
    mesh. Without that though I would go with briefs. But the running shorts
    are far superior. However, most of us don't notice how good cotton is at
    absorbing and suppressing odor - so I basically try to get in the shower
    immediately after my run, just before I stop sweating, and rinse the shorts
    out well and hang them to dry. Makes the laundry pile less offensive.
    YMMV.
    (I even re-use the shorts without major issue if they were rinsed really
    well - avoids doing laundry 3 times per week if you only have 2 pairs of
    shorts, but don't tell my gf).
    I might be going to far by making this statement, but I've also found
    that trimming the hair in that area back about 50% makes a tremendous
    all-around comfort improvement.

    Dave

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.