Re: Side hop preference

uni_mattster

Guest
Is it just me or do the results add to more than 100%? :confused:

--
uni_mattster

You can never honestly answer "no" when questioned on the todayness of
Opposites Day
http://www.usenet.com

uni_mattster wrote:
> Is it just me or do the results add to more than 100%? :confused:

It would seem that they do. I don't know about anyone else but I
actualy like this poll. Its one of the few interesting ones.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
http://www.usenet.com

I agree. Good thinking Rowan

I was calculating percentages to find trends and it seemed that 51%
hopped to the side with their pedal back and 51% also hopped to the
side with their pedal forward and it was immensely confusing

Anyway, one clear trend is that 65% hop to their left and 38% to their
right. At first I was surprised but I suppose its because most find it
easier to hop to their open side (away from the hand they hold the
saddle with) and more people are right-handed, so hop to their left

I hop to the left with my right hand and left foot back, I was very
surprised to see how many others are too

--
uni_mattster

You can never honestly answer "no" when questioned on the todayness of
Opposites Day
http://www.usenet.com

so...
anyone notice how old this thread is? or is everyone too busy adding
up the percents?

--
torkerdx

http://www.usenet.com

torkerdx wrote:
> so...
> anyone notice how old this thread is? or is everyone too busy adding
> up the percents?

I didn't realise how old it was and i don't know about the % adding. :D

--
Hazmat

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote.
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
*Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition:D. :D
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
*poll *http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62030
http://www.usenet.com

Hazmat wrote:
> I didn't realise how old it was and i don't know about the % adding. :D

yeah but you chimed in a little too late to be one of them

--
torkerdx

torkerdx wrote:
> yeah but you chimed in a little too late to be one of them

Fair enough.

--
Hazmat

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote.
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
*Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition:D. :D
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
*poll *http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62030
http://www.usenet.com

I'm basically ambidextrous in hopping to some extent or another, but I'm
strongest Left right Left.

--
madmattunipro

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
http://www.usenet.com

ntappin wrote:
> I don't know about anyone else but I actualy like this poll. Its one of
> the few interesting ones.

Thanks! :D

uni_mattster wrote:
> I agree. Good thinking Rowan

Cheers!

torkerdx wrote:
> so...
> anyone notice how old this thread is? or is everyone too busy adding
> up the percents?

There is nothing wrong with old threads eh? Especially in the case of
polls where over time as more people make their votes different trends
can be observed. If you haven't voted yet, feel free to add your
preference to the stats even though my poll is gathering dust.

--
Rowan
http://www.usenet.com

torkerdx wrote:
> so...
> anyone notice how old this thread is?

No. Does it matter?

torkerdx wrote:
> or is everyone too busy adding up the percents?

I'm all for generalisations and such but I don't think saying that
-*everyone*- is too busy adding up the percentages is fair. As it was
me who brought this up I accept full responsibilty for my actions and
don't want to drag anyone else down with me

--

Rowan wrote:
> Thanks! :D
> Cheers!
> There is nothing wrong with old threads eh? Especially in the case of
> polls where over time as more people make their votes different trends
> can be observed. If you haven't voted yet, feel free to add your
> preference to the stats even though my poll is gathering dust.

no nothing wrong with old threads.
how do people find them though. and not realize their age?

--
torkerdx

skianduniaddict wrote:
> never give 4 teenagers a camera... they go crazy

http://www.usenet.com

Haha beats me. Digging I guess

--

uni_mattster wrote:
> I was calculating percentages to find trends and it seemed that 51%
> hopped to the side with their pedal back and 51% also hopped to the
> side with their pedal forward and it was immensely confusing

I was thinking about this after my last post on this thread, and I
realised that the reason the percentages do not add up is because I
stupidly changed the poll to multiple choice just before posting it,
even though I had covered almost all possible combinations which all
exclude each other. So if someone voted for both jumping to the left
and to the right then they have skewed the percentages by not choosing
the ambidextrous option. Sorry about that- at least I know more about
the multi choice thingy now. Maybe those who are ambidextrous in which
side they hop to have a preference as to which foot is back or
something.

--
Rowan
http://www.usenet.com

Rowan wrote:
> Thanks! :D
> Cheers!
> There is nothing wrong with old threads eh? Especially in the case of
> polls where over time as more people make their votes different trends
> can be observed. If you haven't voted yet, feel free to add your
> preference to the stats even though my poll is gathering dust.

Except that I already voted, way back when, and chose 'can't do it
enough to know.'

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john
lennon
'*mikael atkinson*' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
*♥ Unicycle For Peace ♥*
http://www.usenet.com

Rowan wrote:
> I was thinking about this after my last post on this thread, and I
> realised that the reason the percentages do not add up is because I
> stupidly changed the poll to multiple choice just before posting it,
> even though I had covered almost all possible combinations which all
> exclude each other. So if someone voted for both jumping to the left
> and to the right then they have skewed the percentages by not choosing
> the ambidextrous option. Sorry about that- at least I know more about
> the multi choice thingy now. Maybe those who are ambidextrous in which
> side they hop to have a preference as to which foot is back or
> something.

Oh I see so does that mean that if someone votes twice it counts two
votes but only one voter? Or am I way off track...

--

Rowan wrote:
> I was thinking about this after my last post on this thread, and I
> realised that the reason the percentages do not add up is because I
> stupidly changed the poll to multiple choice just before posting it...

I added up 112.22%.

I didn't vote, because I cant hop yet (w/o holding onto something), but
would like to eventually like to get into some trials. I thought I
read a poll on this like, about six months ago. In there several
people were stating benefits of being ambidextrous w/ hopping, so this
is my goal.

Right now I am much better riding SIF and "hopping" w/ my right hand.
While holding onto something and hopping, I prefer to have my opposite
foot back as my holding hand while SIF, and SI I preffer to hop w/ the
same foot back as my holding hand.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Parafrasing a pro skater when asked for advise to kids who wanted to
get much better and maybee turn pro one day.
http://www.usenet.com