Re: Signs on the Road

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tom Kunich, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "HKEK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > We are going to Georgia to see a stage or 2 of the TdG. I would like
    > to make a large sign on the road surface in support of some the of the
    > riders. What do people generally use for this, chalk or latex paint?
    > What is best? What is 'legal' in the USA?

    In most states the only thing that is legal to apply to public roads is
    chalk. There is a form of spray chalk that is applied like aerosol paint
    that is available from many paint stores. It comes in many colors and is
    what road crews use to mark the roads. It takes a pretty long time to fade
    out. If you put it on really thick it can last two years before you can't
    see it anymore.

    Tags:

  2. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "Tom Kunich" wrote ...

    > In most states the only thing that is legal to apply to public roads is
    > chalk. There is a form of spray chalk that is applied like aerosol paint
    > that is available from many paint stores.

    Or you can use straight up spray paint. There's still a message to Eric
    Heiden up "the wall" in Philly. Oh. You said legal. Check your local
    listings.

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Tom Kunich" wrote ...
    > >
    > > In most states the only thing that is legal to apply to public roads is
    > > chalk. There is a form of spray chalk that is applied like aerosol paint
    > > that is available from many paint stores.

    > Or you can use straight up spray paint. There's still a message to Eric
    > Heiden up "the wall" in Philly. Oh. You said legal. Check your local
    > listings.

    Yeah, if there's one thing that's really cool it's seeing the names of
    has-beens ten years after. Eric Heiden? He makes Eric Vanderarden seem
    positively modern.