Re: Skip find gold, in a very retro style, and a few questions.

bookieb

Guest

bookieb wrote:

>>It's got a full Suntour [1] X-1 21 spd. groupset (including all of
>>the bits normally skimped on, eg headset, hubs and bottom bracket are
>>all X-1), and featuring the rare Suntour "under bar, clicky-button"
>>AccuShift shifters.
>>It's about the right frame size (18"-19" frame) for me (6'1"), and
>>features such interesting things as a:
>>- 1" headset, and a stem that can be raised and lowered! [1]
>>- somthing called a "freewheel" instead of a freehub. [1]
>>- Seperate brake levers and shifters. [1]
>>- Decent wheels (true, tight spokes, cleanAraya rims)

>>Anyway, a couple of questions:
>>
>>Can anyone date the bike, based on model and groupset? My best guess
>>is late eighties/early ninties. I think Suntour died off if 1990,
>>BICBW.

I think SunTour went a year or two *after* 1990, but the X-1 was *not*
its last MTB group, XCM, XC-comp, XC-pro were. So 1990 is probably
close. Frank Berto has a SunTour history on the web someplace, that
might help.

Mark
SunTour gearhead