Re: Skoda Bikes

Tim

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, Danny Colyer wrote:
> Sam Salt wrote:
>> I can't understand why anyone would want to buy a bike from a car dealership
>> when there are perfectly good LBS's around with good advice and aftersales.

> Some people like the image associated with certain brands of car. Off
> the top of my head, other car makers that have started selling bikes are
> Porsche, Mazda and either Range Rover or Land Rover. I don't think
> Peugeot really counts, being a bike maker that also sells cars :)
>
> The Range/Land Rover bike was a rebadged Moulton, so not actually a bad
> machine. ISTR the Porsche bike was a heap of all-style-and-no-substance
> boinginess. I can't remember anything about the Mazda bikes, even
> though I was temping in the marketing department of Mazda UK when they
> first came out.

The current Land Rover range of bikes is rather large. I can't
find an external link but the internal page showing them indicates twnty
four models including ladies bikes, a few hybrids, a few different
styles of hardatail and three full sussers. I think they'd have done
better to co-brand a couple of proper off road bikes with a proper
British bike maker but I'm sure whatever marketing person thought of it
had a plan in mind.
--
Tim.

In article <[email protected]>, Tim wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Danny Colyer wrote:
>> Sam Salt wrote:
>>> I can't understand why anyone would want to buy a bike from a car dealership
>>> when there are perfectly good LBS's around with good advice and aftersales.

>> Some people like the image associated with certain brands of car. Off
>> the top of my head, other car makers that have started selling bikes are
>> Porsche, Mazda and either Range Rover or Land Rover. I don't think
>> Peugeot really counts, being a bike maker that also sells cars :)
>>
>> The Range/Land Rover bike was a rebadged Moulton, so not actually a bad
>> machine. ISTR the Porsche bike was a heap of all-style-and-no-substance
>> boinginess. I can't remember anything about the Mazda bikes, even
>> though I was temping in the marketing department of Mazda UK when they
>> first came out.
>>

> The current Land Rover range of bikes is rather large. I can't
> find an external link but the internal page showing them indicates twnty
> four models including ladies bikes, a few hybrids, a few different
> styles of hardatail and three full sussers. I think they'd have done
> better to co-brand a couple of proper off road bikes with a proper
> British bike maker but I'm sure whatever marketing person thought of it
> had a plan in mind.

Link found at
http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Adventures/Merchandise/Bikes.htm

I've not seen any of them in the bike sheds at work thought
there is a Daewoo branded rigid there sometimes.
--
Tim.

Tim wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Tim wrote:
>>>
>>> Some people like the image associated with certain brands of car.
>>> Off the top of my head, other car makers that have started selling
>>> bikes are Porsche, Mazda and either Range Rover or Land Rover. I
>>> don't think Peugeot really counts, being a bike maker that also
>>> sells cars :)
>>>
>>> The Range/Land Rover bike was a rebadged Moulton, so not actually a
>>> bad machine. ISTR the Porsche bike was a heap of
>>> all-style-and-no-substance boinginess. I can't remember anything
>>> about the Mazda bikes, even though I was temping in the marketing
>>> department of Mazda UK when they first came out.
>>>

>> The current Land Rover range of bikes is rather large. I can't
>> find an external link but the internal page showing them indicates
>> twnty four models including ladies bikes, a few hybrids, a few
>> different styles of hardatail and three full sussers. I think they'd
>> have done better to co-brand a couple of proper off road bikes with
>> a proper British bike maker but I'm sure whatever marketing person
>> thought of it had a plan in mind.

> Link found at
> http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Adventures/Merchandise/Bikes.htm
>
> I've not seen any of them in the bike sheds at work thought
> there is a Daewoo branded rigid there sometimes.

Thanks for all your responses.

Sam Salt