Re: Sleep apnea / snoring / ADD

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jeff, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Years ago I pointed to the fact .. sleep apnea had been found to exist
    > in 75% of the truck drivers tested.
    > It also has been shown those people with ADD seem to drift into
    > vocations which have .. motion .. involved in them .. drivers , pilots
    > .. etc ..

    People with ADHD often go for risk-taking behaviors, like driving and
    flying. It has nothing to do with sleep deprivation.

    > This study seems to AGAIN .. confirm .. the .. link ..
    >
    > Newswise - Several years ago, University of Michigan researchers
    > published some of the strongest evidence yet that children who snore
    > when they sleep are far more likely to have attention and hyperactivity
    > problems than their non-snoring peers.

    If there is another cause for attention problems, it is not ADHD.

    (...)

    Tags:

  2. >People with ADHD often go for risk-taking behaviors, like driving and
    flying. It has nothing to do with sleep deprivation. <

    Jeez .. you're .. right .. it doesn't have anything to do with sleep
    deprivation ..

    How did you get the idea it HAD to do with sleep deprivation ..

    You think sleep apnea has something to DO with sleep deprivation ..?

    If there is another cause for attention problems, it is not ADHD.
    <

    It there is another cause for attention problems other than ADHD .. it
    is not ADHD ..

    Well .. well .. well ..

    You are some smart .. guy ..

    Ever think of going into .. medicine ..?

    Maybe a nurse or a doctor .. ?

    You should ..

    You'd .. fit .. right .. in ..

    Who loves ya.
    Tom

    Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
    http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com
    Man Is A Herbivore!
    http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore
    DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

  3. PF Riley

    PF Riley Guest

    On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 23:34:50 GMT, "Jeff" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    ><[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >
    >> This study seems to AGAIN .. confirm .. the .. link ..
    >>
    >> Newswise - Several years ago, University of Michigan researchers
    >> published some of the strongest evidence yet that children who snore
    >> when they sleep are far more likely to have attention and hyperactivity
    >> problems than their non-snoring peers.

    >If there is another cause for attention problems, it is not ADHD.

    Indeed, but please don't pretend that there aren't many, many children
    out there with undiagnosed sleep disorders who have been misdiagnosed
    with ADHD.

    PF

  4. Vashti

    Vashti Guest

    It wasn't a dark and stormy night when Jeff wrote:

    > People with ADHD often go for risk-taking behaviors, like driving
    > and flying. It has nothing to do with sleep deprivation.

    Exactly! Why, I often taste my coffee to check if I've sweetened it,
    I often forget if I have or haven't done so. Shocking, such risk
    taking behaviour in a mother of two! I should get a fresh cup when
    in doubt. ;)

    Vashti