Re: Smart Chicken

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Glitter Ninja, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. Christine Dabney <[email protected]> writes:

    >On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 01:34:46 GMT, "Peter Aitken" wrote:

    >>Smart Chicken comes in 2 types. The organic is rather pricey. The other, I
    >>forget the term, is not organic but is "natural" with no hormones or
    >>antibiotics.

    My grocery occasionally has Smart Chicken (when it isn't sold out) and
    I haven't noticed a taste difference between it and Tyson. It is
    pricier, as you mention, and the boneless breasts are almost always sold
    out.

    >I also find that most people are used to regular supermarket chickens,
    >which can tend to be flabby and often don't have much flavor.

    Yes, that's exactly it -- flabby! *laugh* You're going to think I"m
    crazy, but just last night I was trying to explain to someone what was
    wrong with the chicken I had bought, and it was *flabby*. Just flopped
    around like a dead squid.

    Stacia