Re: Smoking Pot and Cycling

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:30:45 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

>Little Meow wrote:
>> Bill Baka [email protected] wrote in news:pBnSf.44120$2O6.5013
>>>
>>>Back at you. I just want this thread to die.
>>>Besides, I did say Nitrous Oxide so they could laugh themselves to death
>>>painlessly. Have you "EVER" seen a Muslim actually laugh?

>> Yes, but none of the jokes are about the
>> Prophet (Salla Allahu alaihi Wa Sallam)
>> or Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala).

>Yeah, they are touchy on that. Maybe we could arrange for God in our
>language to translate to Allah in theirs and make points.

Won't happen for some very important reasons, like they ain't the same.

Ron

On 16 Mar 2006 19:47:30 -0800, "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote:

>RonSonic wrote:
>
>> My opposition to abortion is considered conservative for some reason. I would
>> think that consigning such crude and barbaric practice to the footnotes of
>> history was a progressive sort of position to take, but apparently I'm mistaken.

>barbaric? it's a simple vacuum process that's quite unbarbaric.

Needless destruction of life is barbaric.

>There's
>a difference between a zygote an embryo and a born child, dontcha
>know.

Yes, there is. And where does that fit into the world of modern abortion
politics?

>Even the Catholic church was fine with it untill recently as long as
>the termination was before the "quickening".

Which was the standard forever, so why the hell isn't that good enough for the
modern sterility cult.

>Women have terminated pregnancies for mellinia, and the body itself
>will do so, if it's not feeling healthy, so having a simple vacuum
>procedure very early in the pregnancy is just fine by me.

We aren't talking about "very early" are we. That is not a part of the present
debate - we are talking about the principle that if the child is not quite born
yet, it can be killed for reasons that wouldn't persuade a veterinarian to put
down a cat.

>What's barbaric is bringing an unwanted child into this cruel world to
>suffer.

Oh, quit whining. If it was that bad you'd off yourself.

>If you're religious and believe that the soul enters the embryo at the
>moment of conception--I respect that, don't have an abortion, just
>don't force others to comply with your personal faith.

What strawman are you beating on now. Telling you (and anyone else who reads
this) that abortion is crude and cruel is not forcing anyone to comply with
anything.

Ron

RonSonic wrote:

>>painlessly. Have you "EVER" seen a Muslim actually laugh?

> Yes. In Cairo.
>
> Ron

Must have been on hell of a joke, and of course Allah was not in it.
Bill

RonSonic wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:30:45 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Little Meow wrote:
>>
>>>Bill Baka [email protected] wrote in news:pBnSf.44120$2O6.5013

>>>Yes, but none of the jokes are about the
>>>Prophet (Salla Allahu alaihi Wa Sallam)
>>>or Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala).

>>Yeah, they are touchy on that. Maybe we could arrange for God in our
>>language to translate to Allah in theirs and make points.

> Won't happen for some very important reasons, like they ain't the same.
>
> Ron

If you are a beleiver of any sort, God, by any name has to be at the top
of the chain. Maybe Allah, Budhha, Jesus, and many more were just his
local servants.
Maybe he is only God for this Solar system or Galaxy and puts in yearly
reports to a God of the whole universe?????
Maybe there are more that one universes each with their own system.
It is beyond human understanding.
Why so much blood in His name?
Bill

"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:57:09 -0600, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote:

[...]
>>What are those 4 issues?

> That's approximately, and in no particular order...
>
> My opposition to abortion is considered conservative for some reason. I
> would
> think that consigning such crude and barbaric practice to the footnotes of
> history was a progressive sort of position to take, but apparently I'm
> mistaken.
>
> This country, its people and its system of governance are, despite the
> obvious
> flaws (mostly failures that are common throughout humanity - who is so
> arrogant
> as to think we could invent any new great vice) is the best and deserves
> defense. Yes, America is special - exceptional, even and deserves our
> service
> and sacrifice to its preservation and defense. Oddly enough, this is
> considered
> a conservative thought.
>
> Property rights and the rule of impartial law are essential to our
> prosperity
> and continued peace and order. Again, it is curious that believing that
> one has
> a right to keep and use his property as he sees fit and be treated exactly
> like
> others before the law is not considered liberal. Neither is the right of a
> free
> man in a free country to keep personal weaponry regardless of class or
> race. I
> can't think of a more liberal idea, myself.
>
> The failed fraud of Marx and Engels has no place in this country. Karl
> Marx said
> it himself in Das Kapital. It is even more true now than in his time.
>
> Our Constitution assures a freedom to worship, not a freedom from worship.
> We
> are truly blessed in ways that nothing short of living in Haiti will make
> clear
> and it is well to remember that. Even if you have no god, take a moment to
> consider your good fortune and perhaps you'll know why those who do are so
> quick
> to praise Him.
>
>>Ron and I are not too far apart I suspect. The Dems have got to get right
>>on
>>the national security issues. For them to forfeit these issues to the
>>Repubs
>>for short term political gain borders on insanity.

> You, me and the overwhelming majority of Americans are not all that far
> apart.
> There are some deep and difficult disagreements that will likely have to
> remain,
> but most of us agree on most issues.
>
> Ron

I agree with every one of Ron's statements in a general way. Like him, I do
not see anything particularly conservative about them either. It is just
that the liberal left has gone completely crazy.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Mark Leuck wrote:

>>Back at you. I just want this thread to die.
>>Besides, I did say Nitrous Oxide so they could laugh themselves to death
>>painlessly. Have you "EVER" seen a Muslim actually laugh?
>>Bill

My dentist. Players on my little league team. There are some crazy
Muslims. There are crazy Christians. There are crazy Jews. There are
crazy atheists. You are simply a racist.

However, in this country we have concepts called Freedom of Religion,
and separation of Church and state. I also like real elections.

As far as pot and bicycling, why would a fitness oriented person want to
take hot dirty air into their lungs.

Beach Runner wrote:

> Mark Leuck wrote:
>

>>> Back at you. I just want this thread to die.
>>> Besides, I did say Nitrous Oxide so they could laugh themselves to death
>>> painlessly. Have you "EVER" seen a Muslim actually laugh?
>>> Bill

> My dentist. Players on my little league team. There are some crazy
> Muslims. There are crazy Christians. There are crazy Jews. There are
> crazy atheists. You are simply a racist.
>
> However, in this country we have concepts called Freedom of Religion,
> and separation of Church and state. I also like real elections.
>
> As far as pot and bicycling, why would a fitness oriented person want to
> take hot dirty air into their lungs.

Wow,
Can you ever misinterpret things. I only said tht Gog was God and
fighting over his name is ridiculous.
I smoked about 1/3 joint and downed 2 root beers at the top of a climb
where I met some old time hippies in a real VW van. We talked for about
a half an hour so his bus could cool down, me too, then I rode down with
a smile. I am not a racist, I just hate idiots that are self made.
Bill

RonSonic wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 00:42:23 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
> ...Have you "EVER" seen a Muslim actually laugh?
>
> Yes. In Cairo.

Cairo, Illinois?

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain

Bill Baka wrote:
> Yeah, they are touchy on that. Maybe we could arrange for God in our
> language to translate to Allah in theirs and make points.

I was under the impression that "Allah" was the Arabic word for God,
and is used by Christian Arabs.

Of course, there are hundreds of millions of non-Arab Muslims, and
those speaking or writing in English often use the word "God" when
referring to their deity.

--

RonSonic wrote:
> On 16 Mar 2006 19:47:30 -0800, "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Women have terminated pregnancies for mellinia, and the body itself
> >will do so, if it's not feeling healthy, so having a simple vacuum
> >procedure very early in the pregnancy is just fine by me.

> We aren't talking about "very early" are we. That is not a part of the present
> debate - we are talking about the principle that if the child is not quite born
> yet, it can be killed for reasons that wouldn't persuade a veterinarian to put
> down a cat....

You ignore that part of the anti-abortion/religious "conservative"
movement that also wants ban birth control. Punish people for having
sex with unwanted children, and to hell with how it affects those
unwanted children.

Many social "conservatives" are inherently unhappy, since they are
bound by irrational restrictions on mutually consenting behavior.
Misery loves company.

--
Tom Sherman

RonSonic wrote:
> Property rights and the rule of impartial law are essential to our prosperity
> and continued peace and order. Again, it is curious that believing that one has
> a right to keep and use his property as he sees fit and be treated exactly like
> others before the law is not considered liberal....

"Property rights" are not defended by the right wing when comes to the
police seizing property (in the absence of a criminal conviction) as
part of the "War on Drugs" nor when eminent domain is used to seize
property for commercial developments.

--
Tom Sherman

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> RonSonic wrote:
>> On 16 Mar 2006 19:47:30 -0800, "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >Women have terminated pregnancies for mellinia, and the body itself
>> >will do so, if it's not feeling healthy, so having a simple vacuum
>> >procedure very early in the pregnancy is just fine by me.

>> We aren't talking about "very early" are we. That is not a part of the
>> present
>> debate - we are talking about the principle that if the child is not
>> quite born
>> yet, it can be killed for reasons that wouldn't persuade a veterinarian
>> to put
>> down a cat....

> You ignore that part of the anti-abortion/religious "conservative"
> movement that also wants ban birth control. Punish people for having
> sex with unwanted children, and to hell with how it affects those
> unwanted children.

People should not be having any sex at all unless they want children.
Elementary my dear Watson!

> Many social "conservatives" are inherently unhappy, since they are
> bound by irrational restrictions on mutually consenting behavior.
> Misery loves company.

I have been miserable all of my life, but there are degrees of misery just
as there are degrees of happiness. I can truthfully say that I am a hundred
times more miserable now than I was in my youth, but I have always been more
or less miserable.

My main mission in life at this point is to make Tom Sherman just as
miserable as I am. Why should he be a happy go lucky son of a gun when it is
something that has alluded the Great Ed Dolan all of his life. Nay, Mr.
Sherman deserves to be just as miserable as I am.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> RonSonic wrote:
>> Property rights and the rule of impartial law are essential to our
>> prosperity
>> and continued peace and order. Again, it is curious that believing that
>> one has
>> a right to keep and use his property as he sees fit and be treated
>> exactly like
>> others before the law is not considered liberal....

> "Property rights" are not defended by the right wing when comes to the
> police seizing property (in the absence of a criminal conviction) as
> part of the "War on Drugs" nor when eminent domain is used to seize
> property for commercial developments.

Well Hells Bells, some things trump other things! Can you walk and chew gum
at the same time?

We do not want a society where we have nothing but dope heads hanging out
like they had in China some few centuries ago (Boxer Rebellion). Also, why
should a slum stand in the way of development just because some cranks want
to stay on their property forever.

There is nothing under the sun sacred!

Edward Dolan wrote:
> ...Why should he be a happy go lucky son of a gun when it is
> something that has alluded the Great Ed Dolan all of his life....

I think Mr. Ed Dolan means "eluded", not "alluded".

--

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> RonSonic wrote:

>>Property rights and the rule of impartial law are essential to our prosperity
>>and continued peace and order. Again, it is curious that believing that one has
>>a right to keep and use his property as he sees fit and be treated exactly like
>>others before the law is not considered liberal....

> "Property rights" are not defended by the right wing when comes to the
> police seizing property (in the absence of a criminal conviction) as
> part of the "War on Drugs" nor when eminent domain is used to seize
> property for commercial developments.

Regardless of which side you are on the problem is that politicians are
there for the good of politicians, not the people. Left, right, or
middle, it really is that simple. Compare the average politician to the
average working citizen and you will see that the corruption really is
on the top.
Wouldn't it be nice to start over with a fresh crop?
Bill

RonSonic wrote:
<snip>
> It is the fault of those who have made reasoned and reasonable public debate
> nearly impossible. A good example is the way you keep trying to turn my comments
> into an O'Reillyish Left - Right deal. It isn't. That's the point. damn near
> nobody except some media types really buys into that world view.

<snip>

I'd disagree...quite a few people in the US buy into that world view,
as it appeals mightily to the ol' tribal instinct of "us versus them".
<sarcasm>Clan identity is great, as it frees one from the obligation to
actually think about many issues that one may encounter.</sarcasm>

As far as reasons for said world view go, well, I'd look first at those
who have a vested interest in maintaining or widening the artificial
divide 'twixt left and right. Anne Coulter, Michael Moore, the
aforementioned O'Reilly, Michael Savage, and a host of others wouldn't
have much of a career if the "enemy" didn't exist. It's a lot harder to
sell a book called "People With Political Views To The Left Of Mine
Have A Mental Disorder"...just doesn't roll off the tongue terribly
well.

Dan

Dan B. wrote:
> RonSonic wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>It is the fault of those who have made reasoned and reasonable public debate
>>nearly impossible. A good example is the way you keep trying to turn my comments
>>into an O'Reillyish Left - Right deal. It isn't. That's the point. damn near
>>nobody except some media types really buys into that world view.

> <snip>
>
> I'd disagree...quite a few people in the US buy into that world view,
> as it appeals mightily to the ol' tribal instinct of "us versus them".
> <sarcasm>Clan identity is great, as it frees one from the obligation to
> actually think about many issues that one may encounter.</sarcasm>
>
> As far as reasons for said world view go, well, I'd look first at those
> who have a vested interest in maintaining or widening the artificial
> divide 'twixt left and right. Anne Coulter, Michael Moore, the
> aforementioned O'Reilly, Michael Savage, and a host of others wouldn't
> have much of a career if the "enemy" didn't exist. It's a lot harder to
> sell a book called "People With Political Views To The Left Of Mine
> Have A Mental Disorder"...just doesn't roll off the tongue terribly
> well.
>
> Dan

I'll go with "People who don't ride bicycles are brain dead.".
Politics is getting absurd with people electing a president over his
views on abortion or religion instead of "Can he run the country?".
Bill

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> ...Why should he be a happy go lucky son of a gun when it is
>> something that has alluded the Great Ed Dolan all of his life....

> I think Mr. Ed Dolan means "eluded", not "alluded".

Quite so. I have made that mistake before too. There are some things you can
just never get right - one of the little idiosyncratic things of life that
plague us forever. I attribute it all to elves.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Dan B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> RonSonic wrote:
> <snip>
>> It is the fault of those who have made reasoned and reasonable public
>> debate
>> nearly impossible. A good example is the way you keep trying to turn my
>> comments
>> into an O'Reillyish Left - Right deal. It isn't. That's the point. damn
>> near
>> nobody except some media types really buys into that world view.

> <snip>
>
> I'd disagree...quite a few people in the US buy into that world view,
> as it appeals mightily to the ol' tribal instinct of "us versus them".
> <sarcasm>Clan identity is great, as it frees one from the obligation to
> actually think about many issues that one may encounter.</sarcasm>
>
> As far as reasons for said world view go, well, I'd look first at those
> who have a vested interest in maintaining or widening the artificial
> divide 'twixt left and right. Anne Coulter, Michael Moore, the
> aforementioned O'Reilly, Michael Savage, and a host of others wouldn't
> have much of a career if the "enemy" didn't exist. It's a lot harder to
> sell a book called "People With Political Views To The Left Of Mine
> Have A Mental Disorder"...just doesn't roll off the tongue terribly
> well.

What has happened is that the Right has finally found its' voice in the
world of mass media, although it still can't begin to compare with the
mainstream media which is consistently liberal (left wing) and Democratic to
the core. Talk radio has had the most to do with getting the other viewpoint
into our consciousness, but Fox News and some of the conservative talk shows
on MSNBC are good too. The days when liberals could completely dominate all
discussion in the country are gone forever. That is why they can't do to the
Iraq War what they did to the Vietnam War, despite the best efforts of the
NY Times and the Washington Post.

By the way, I do not consider O'Reilly very right wing at all. Rush Limbaugh
definitely is right wing as are Anne Coulter and Michael Savage, but not
O'Reilly.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:40:40 -0600, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Edward Dolan wrote:
>>> ...Why should he be a happy go lucky son of a gun when it is
>>> something that has alluded the Great Ed Dolan all of his life....

>> I think Mr. Ed Dolan means "eluded", not "alluded".

>Quite so. I have made that mistake before too. There are some things you can
>just never get right - one of the little idiosyncratic things of life that
>plague us forever. I attribute it all to elves.

"Elvis" should be capitalized, and is spelled with the letter i where
you have used a second e. I suppose you are correct in the allusion,
the King may well plague us forever.

Thank you very much,

Indiana Mike