Re: "Social rider" beef

botfood

Guest
> I coached him over the months leading up to the event
about the things I've seen that make the difference between a good
event and
a bad event.
-----------------------------------
seems like if it was your club, and you'd been coaching him, that you
would have known the route well enough not to get lost? Or, perhaps
been proactive the week before the race, and gone out with some spray
paint YOURSELF to mark the turns rather than whine about it after the
fact?

"botfood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>> I coached him over the months leading up to the event

> about the things I've seen that make the difference between a good
> event and
> a bad event.
> -----------------------------------
> seems like if it was your club, and you'd been coaching him, that you
> would have known the route well enough not to get lost? Or, perhaps
> been proactive the week before the race, and gone out with some spray
> paint YOURSELF to mark the turns rather than whine about it after the
> fact?

I offered. He said he had it handled.

And, I wasn't lost. I stopped everyone in the lead group and told them that
I knew we had to be going off course. I led our group back to a spot where
I knew we'd be back on the course. I even stopped when I saw a guy taking
pictures for the little local newspaper and told him to tell the riders
coming up behind how to follow the route we took. I was probably one of
only about 3 people on that entire ride who DID know those roads and, were
it not for me, most of those folks were headed across the river to another
state.

I don't expect any pats on the back for the foregoing. I do for what
follows. When I had to dream up a way to get us back on the course, I
managed to do so in such a way that we finished spot on 100 miles. That was
cool.
--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

"psycholist" wrote: (clip)I offered. He said he had it handled. (clip)
Since I don't know either you or him, I have to offer this as a supposition:
is it possible that your efforts to help him were taken as interference?
Here he was with a job to do, and this "other guy" keeps telling him how to
do it. The fact that he didn't have it handled, and still refused your help
may be due to resentment.

No matter how thin you slice it, baloney always has two sides to it. And we
haven't heard his side.