Re: Speed vs. need for helmet?

It's Chris

Guest
Y'know, it really doesn't matter how fast your going unless you're
running headlong into the object (with your head), as the bicycle's
velocity is parallel to the ground.

The head will accelerate towards the ground at 32 Ft/Sec/Sec regardless
of horizontal speed, and will impact said ground at the same
perpendicular speed regardless. Forward velocity will only dictate how
far you are dragged along it.

Just thought I'd throw that tidbit into the arguement ;-3)>

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

It's Chris wrote:
> Y'know, it really doesn't matter how fast your going unless you're
> running headlong into the object (with your head), as the bicycle's
> velocity is parallel to the ground.
>
> The head will accelerate towards the ground at 32 Ft/Sec/Sec regardless
> of horizontal speed,

Horizontal speed will affect the rotating moment applied by the ground,
on the head, however.

\\paul