Re: ST. JOHN'S WORT NO BETTER THAN PLACEBO (Was: Re: ST. JOHN'S WORT)

Ob-1

Guest
GMCarter wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 19:40:01 GMT, [email protected] (Dr. Jai Maharaj)
> wrote:
>
> >More information:
> >
> >"After reviewing all the evidence, the American College
> >of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine told
> >its 115,000 members last May that St. John's wort 'may be
> >effective in treating mild depression in the short term.'
> >But that conclusion was reached before the first large
> >U.S. study found that people taking St. John's wort fared
> >no better than those taking a placebo. . . ."
> >

> The US study looked at people with SEVERE depression. That study found
> no benefit from either St. John's wort or an antidepressant control.
> The placebo oddly worked better than either!!
>
> However, for mild-to-moderate depression, there are scads of studies
> that have shown significant benefit, often times superior to that of
> antidepressant drugs, such as Prozac (when accounting for the latter's
> toxicity and cost).
>
> Care must be taken to avoid mixing SJW with certain medications which
> may be metabolized through the cytochrome P450 3A4 system. This may
> have a deleterious impact on blood drug levels.
>
> George M. Carter

Mr Carter mentions a cogent fact here..SJW can make an innocent person
look
like a drug user in the standard test run in our in-efficient USA
today..Trebor-M

Worlds’ largest producer of Lin Xhi (Kombucha) Synergisms
Recognition is the power of blessing, tuning yourself into reality!