Re: ST. JOHN'S WORT NO BETTER THAN PLACEBO

Ob-1

Guest
robertmaasjr wrote:

> [email protected] (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > [email protected] posted:

> > > The US study looked at people with SEVERE depression. That study found
> > > no benefit from either St. John's wort or an antidepressant control.
> > > The placebo oddly worked better than either!!
> > >
> > > However, for mild-to-moderate depression, there are scads of studies
> > > that have shown significant benefit, often times superior to that of
> > > antidepressant drugs, such as Prozac (when accounting for the latter's
> > > toxicity and cost).
> > >
> > > Care must be taken to avoid mixing SJW with certain medications which
> > > may be metabolized through the cytochrome P450 3A4 system. This may
> > > have a deleterious impact on blood drug levels.
> > >
> > > George M. Carter

> > It is likely that people using St. John's wort are also using
> > other herbs and medicines. It is vital that a duly trained
> > and licensed health care professional be consulted in person
> > by individuals seeking treatment.
> >
> > Jai Maharaj
> > http://www.mantra.com/jai
> > Om Shanti

> Jai, licensed professionals are giving out risperdal and valium and
> other garbage. If you want tardive dyskinesia and addiction go to a
> licensed professional. St John's Wort is dangerous and useless just
> the same as the shrink meds.

Obviously we ( USA) have NOT looked at the entire range of SJW
BUT the Russians HAVE...I suggest more research IAW THEIR findings.
IF you want a LIST of same..I CAN and WILL provie samae. Be prepared
to spend about 20 minutes reaadin same and LONGER "absorbing same"
Cheers.
..
BTW AMEN to the above aspersion where deserved about OUR
"DRUG PUSHERS"!! LMAO.. Trebor M ph.DHM
--
Worlds’ largest producer of Lin Xhi (Kombucha) Synergisms

Homogenizing milk KILLS! Over 1 million Autopsies do not lie...