Re: ST. JOHN'S WORT (Was: Re: Scar)

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Ob-1, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Ob-1

    Ob-1 Guest

    Hard Headed Woman wrote:

    > "Dr. Jai Maharaj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > "Mikelle" <[email protected]> posted:
    > > > What does any of this have to do with a topical application
    > > > of oil infused with SJW? . . .

    > > Are you claiming that transdermal activity doesn't exist?

    > Of course not. If that were so, what would be the point of applying
    > *anything* topically? The article you referenced is questioning the
    > efficacy of St. John's wort in treating depression, which has nothing to do
    > with why Henriette recommended it. The only element of concern in this case
    > (again referencing the article you posted) would be that SJW supposedly
    > interferes with how the liver metabolizes other drugs. However, since the
    > SJW is to be applied topically, this is also not a concern because...
    >
    > "when supplements are delivered transdermally, they go directly to the
    > bloodstream, initially bypassing the liver. The result can mean as much as
    > 95% of the supplements get to the cells where they are needed.
    >
    > Source: http://www.life-flo.com/delivery.html
    >
    > -HHW-
    >
    > --
    >
    > Accuse not Nature, she hath done her part;
    > Do thou but thine. -- Milton

    Sorry Buddy..but trans-dermal activity has been a FACT since time began..how do
    you think MOST of Edgar Cayce's CASTOR oil treatments work...how do facial
    creams wwork...how does my own SUPER skin healer work if not by "penetration"
    that has healed massive STAPH infections coming from internal source. IF you
    are NOT cognitive of HOW things
    work,,,do NOT bother posting your IGNORANCE that may confuse someone less
    astute!

    Dr Trebor M,

    Worlds’ largest producer of Lin Xhi (Kombucha) Synergisms
    Recognition is the power of blessing, tuning yourself into reality!

    Tags:

  2. "Ob-1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > > > Are you claiming that transdermal activity doesn't exist?

    > > Of course not. If that were so, what would be the point of applying
    > > *anything* topically? The article you referenced is questioning the
    > > efficacy of St. John's wort in treating depression, which has nothing to

    do
    > > with why Henriette recommended it. The only element of concern in this

    case
    > > (again referencing the article you posted) would be that SJW supposedly
    > > interferes with how the liver metabolizes other drugs. However, since

    the
    > > SJW is to be applied topically, this is also not a concern because...
    > >
    > > "when supplements are delivered transdermally, they go directly to the
    > > bloodstream, initially bypassing the liver. The result can mean as much

    as
    > > 95% of the supplements get to the cells where they are needed.
    > >
    > > Source: http://www.life-flo.com/delivery.html
    > >
    > > -HHW-
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Accuse not Nature, she hath done her part;
    > > Do thou but thine. -- Milton

    > Sorry Buddy..but trans-dermal activity has been a FACT since time

    began..how do
    > you think MOST of Edgar Cayce's CASTOR oil treatments work...how do

    facial
    > creams wwork...how does my own SUPER skin healer work if not by

    "penetration"
    > that has healed massive STAPH infections coming from internal source. IF

    you
    > are NOT cognitive of HOW things
    > work,,,do NOT bother posting your IGNORANCE that may confuse someone less
    > astute!
    >
    > Dr Trebor M,

    Hi, Trebor...

    I'm just curious whose ignorance you are referring to in this post, since
    the people you are replying to were not discounting transdermal activity.
    Also...what kind of doctor are you? Just curious...

    -HHW-