Re: ST. JOHN'S WORT (Was: Re: Scar)

Ob-1

Guest
"Dr. Jai Maharaj" wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Hard Headed Woman" <[email protected]> posted:
>
> > Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > In article <[email protected]>,
> > > "Hard Headed Woman" <[email protected]> posted:

> > > The record shows that "Mikelle" <[email protected]>
> > > failed to substantiate a claim she published.

> > On the contrary, you initiated this debate . . .

> Here's my post of June 3, 2003:
>
> In article <pan.2003.06.03.16.59.21.653208@hetta>,
> "Henriette Kress" <[email protected]>
> "Henriette Kress" <[email protected]>
> "no blanks" <[email protected]> posted:
>
> > rad wrote:
> > > I recently accidentally stabbed myself in the hand and I am seeking
> > > suggests for something to rub on the scar to promote farther healing and
> > > scar minimizing?

> > Vitamin E
> > Infused oil of St. John's wort
> > Possibly castor oil too, but I haven't tried that.
> > Henriette

> I suggest that a duly trained and licensed health
> care professional be consulted, instead. Here's
> some information about St. John's wort that has been
> irresponsibly prescribed by Henriette:
>
> ST. JOHN'S WORT STUDY COULD SETTLE OLD SCORES
>
> By Diane Evans
> Knight Ridder
> Tuesday, June 3, 2003
>
> The federal government recently launched a $4 million-
> plus, four-year study into the safety and effectiveness
> of St. John's wort in treating minor depression.
>
> Reliable information about St. John's wort would surely
> help. Even after a spate of bad publicity in 2002, this
> is still one of the top 25 U.S. dietary supplements, with
> sales estimated at $105 million a year, according to
> Nutrition Business Journal.
>
> Yet studies show conflicting results on its
> effectiveness.
>
> One highly publicized study, funded by the government,
> found St. John's wort to be no more effective than a
> placebo in treating moderate to severe depression.
> However, that same study showed that Zoloft, a clinically
> tested antidepressant approved by the U. S. Food and Drug
> Administration, also had no greater effect than a
> placebo. That led some to suspect a flaw in the design of
> the study.
>
> Now, instead of looking at St. John's wort in treating
> more severe depression, the federal government is
> shifting the emphasis to look at its effectiveness on
> minor depression. And some experts have believed all
> along that this is where the herb was most likely to be
> helpful.
>
> "Many people in Europe swear by St. John's wort," said
> Mark Rapaport, a co-leader of the government's new study
> and chairman of psychiatry at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
> in Los Angeles. "We don't know the mechanism of action in
> St. John's wort. We don't appreciate all its side effects
> or all its benefits. We do know it is more complex that
> we imagined.

> [...]

St John's wort is a controversial item (IAW the U.S> Gov't/sic: FDA) because
it DOES > work. Not neccessarily a MIRACLE herb...but in minor cases
it does work. There will > always be a MAJOR situation where it and
stronger DRUGS are useless. This is in cases of > DRUG USERS of long
standing! These people, by rights need to be taken from the "gene > pool"
anyway! I've seen all stages and it IS difficult to prescribe amenueses to
ALL!

RUSSIA's particular species ( stronger than USA's) is used extensively WITH
SUCCESS!
Nothing is set in stone no matter what the circumstances in any given locale
(place of > reference) St john's wort to me is a minor herbal that
MAY help in a MINOR case! When > a MAJOR situation presents itself ( HERE)
OUR particular STRAIN is diminutive by
comparison to the USSR strains of "same"! No herbal (Or Allopathic drugs)
are a success > until proven in EACH individual case. NO two Hu-mans are
alike...SIMILAR?? yes...but > different none-the-less! TreborM
--
Worlds’ largest producer of Lin Xhi (Kombucha) Synergisms
Recognition is the power of blessing, tuning yourself into reality!