General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Starchy Cream Sauce

Started by Meryl · · Last activity · 1 post · 254 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
28 February 2005
Last activity
28 February 2005
Original author
Meryl
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
254
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all,

    Is the starch flavor from the starch or from something else like
    proteins (or something) in the flour?

    Meryl

    Meryl said:

    Hi all,

    I made my first own broccoli with cream sauce using flour, butter and
    milk to make a white sauce but it came out ... too starchy tasting.

    I tried to understand what happened (thanks to the many good posts


    here

    Quoted message said:

    about this) but I have a question. Many posts on RFC say to cook the
    flour and butter for a short time "to remove the starch taste" but


    some

    Quoted message said:

    others say cook the white sauce for a long time ... "to remove the
    starch taste".

    So I was cureous, what is it that gets rid of the starch taste,


    cooking

    Quoted message said:

    the flour or the white sauce? I was cureous too, how does the starch
    manage to provide thickness but no starch flavor once its cooked
    properly?

    Kind regards,

    Meryl

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.