Re: Study: hospitals serve too much fat in cafeterias

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Max C., Feb 8, 2006.

  1. Max C.

    Max C. Guest

    Are you sure you're not confusing the terms "saturated fat" and "trans
    fat"? I can find no references to coconut oil containing trans fat.
    In fact, I found this link that says just the opposite:

    http://www.nutiva.com/cocoinfo/myths_nutrition.php

    "Coconut oil is cholesterol- and trans fat-free, contains only 1%
    Omega-6 and is rich in medium-chain "good fats" that doctors
    recommend."

    Hydrogenated and Partially hydrogenated oils *are* trans fats, and as
    such, ARE "big daddies."

    Tags:

  2. vernon

    vernon Guest

    "Max C." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Are you sure you're not confusing the terms "saturated fat" and "trans
    > fat"? I can find no references to coconut oil containing trans fat.
    > In fact, I found this link that says just the opposite:
    >
    > http://www.nutiva.com/cocoinfo/myths_nutrition.php
    >
    > "Coconut oil is cholesterol- and trans fat-free, contains only 1%
    > Omega-6 and is rich in medium-chain "good fats" that doctors
    > recommend."
    >
    > Hydrogenated and Partially hydrogenated oils *are* trans fats, and as
    > such, ARE "big daddies."

    Let me explain real slow.
    All

    transfats