Re: sugar industry admits that sugar is evil

Yes it is nutritious and useful, it provides energy in two forms that are
those basic forms used in the body,ie glucose and fructose. These two
forms are the basic energy source of metabolism that underlies most
activities of living. Yes, it, like any other nutritional substance, can
in excess have negative effects. An article I read today says that too
much sugar consumed by children is not by itself a problem but it is a
problem because the calories the sugar provides is substituted for other
food sources that provide other vital nutritional substances, and a
deficit results in them. Sugar in excess can lead to weight gain, as can
the calories from any other food source. Sugar in excess can aggravate an
existing metabolic disorder. While saying that, we could just as easily
list the problems resulting from any other substance consumed in excess.