Re: summary - the disk brake debate

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by James Annan, Oct 8, 2005.

  1. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    jim beam wrote:

    > ok, so that idiocy has been rolling on for nearly 3 weeks now, and still
    > we have:
    >
    > 1. annan's theory which calculates supposed ejection force

    Are you going to share your own estimate? You'll obviously want to take
    account of the 235 foot-pounds of torque that Cannondale measured (with
    a medium-sized rider riding round a car park):

    http://www.ne.jp/asahi/julesandjames/home/disk_and_quick_release/cannondale.html

    I'm really surprised why you seem to keep trying to beat yourself up
    over this. You guessed wrong, the world passed you by. Better luck next
    time eh?

    James
    --
    James Annan
    see web pages for email

    Tags:

  2. motorhommer

    motorhommer New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2004

  3. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

  4. jim beam

    jim beam Guest

    James Annan wrote:
    > jim beam wrote:
    >
    >> ok, so that idiocy has been rolling on for nearly 3 weeks now, and
    >> still we have:
    >>
    >> 1. annan's theory which calculates supposed ejection force

    > Are you going to share your own estimate? You'll obviously want to take
    > account of the 235 foot-pounds of torque that Cannondale measured (with
    > a medium-sized rider riding round a car park):
    >
    > http://www.ne.jp/asahi/julesandjames/home/disk_and_quick_release/cannondale.html
    >

    > I'm really surprised why you seem to keep trying to beat yourself up
    > over this. You guessed wrong, the world passed you by. Better luck next
    > time eh?
    >
    > James

    james, i already did the math for you, but somehow, incredibly, you will
    still not address it. if you were to, you may suddenly find some
    credibility and get some traction with your crusade, whatever the heck
    the objective of that may be. an axle will not eject if the pullout
    force exceeds ejection force. [ignoring lawyer lips of course.] end of
    message from planet earth.