Re: sunrise sunset timings

Simon Mason

Guest
"jas0n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> when is it we get reasonably light mornings (7am'ish) and light nights
> to at least say (6-7pm)?

You can download this program. Set it to your location and the
sunrise/sunset times appear on the top right display. You can also use the
mouse to point to anywhere on the world map and the local sr-ss times will
be displayed.

http://www.dxatlas.com/Download.asp
--
Simon M.

On 7/2/05 11:18 am, in article [email protected], "Simon
Mason" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "jas0n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> when is it we get reasonably light mornings (7am'ish) and light nights
>> to at least say (6-7pm)?

> You can download this program. Set it to your location and the
> sunrise/sunset times appear on the top right display. You can also use the
> mouse to point to anywhere on the world map and the local sr-ss times will
> be displayed.
>
> http://www.dxatlas.com/Download.asp

I could download it but neither my mac not my linux box will do it.

Instead point to www.heavens-above.com or www.weatherunderground.com

...d

David Martin wrote:
> On 7/2/05 11:18 am, in article [email protected], "Simon
> Mason" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"jas0n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>when is it we get reasonably light mornings (7am'ish) and light nights
>>>to at least say (6-7pm)?

>>You can download this program. Set it to your location and the
>>sunrise/sunset times appear on the top right display. You can also use the
>>mouse to point to anywhere on the world map and the local sr-ss times will
>>be displayed.
>>
>>http://www.dxatlas.com/Download.asp

> I could download it but neither my mac not my linux box will do it.
>
> Instead point to www.heavens-above.com or www.weatherunderground.com

The pdfs at:

http://www.nao.rl.ac.uk/nao/online/

are useful. They show the twilight times (astronomical and nautical) in
addition to sunrise and sunset. Unfortunately they only have the charts
for Cambridge and Herstmonceux in the UK.

Colin

Simon Mason said the following on 07/02/2005 11:18:
> "jas0n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>when is it we get reasonably light mornings (7am'ish) and light nights
>>to at least say (6-7pm)?

> You can download this program. Set it to your location and the
> sunrise/sunset times appear on the top right display. You can also use the
> mouse to point to anywhere on the world map and the local sr-ss times will
> be displayed.
>
> http://www.dxatlas.com/Download.asp
> --
> Simon M.

For those who use Firefox, the Forecast extension has options to display sunrise and sunset for
any location you choose. It is a great little extension. http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/

--
Ufuk YILDIRIM
yoruk at hotmail dot com

Ziggi wrote:

> For those who use Firefox, the Forecast extension has options to display
> sunrise and sunset for any location you choose. It is a great little
> extension. http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/

Very nice! The link on that page seems incorrect, though. The
actual link to the extension is

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/extensions/forecastfox/forecastfox-0.5.9-fx.xpi

--
jc

Remove the -not from email

On 7/2/05 4:21 pm, in article [email protected], "Ziggi"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> For those who use Firefox, the Forecast extension has options to display
> sunrise and sunset for
> any location you choose. It is a great little extension.
> http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/

It seems to be promoting telling you what the weather is like at the moment.
Personally I just look out of the window.

...d

David Martin wrote:
> On 7/2/05 4:21 pm, in article [email protected], "Ziggi"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>For those who use Firefox, the Forecast extension has options to display
>>sunrise and sunset for
>>any location you choose. It is a great little extension.
>>http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/

> It seems to be promoting telling you what the weather is like at the moment.
> Personally I just look out of the window.

As well as windspeed (which I can't guess from indoors), it also shows
tonight's and tomorrow's weather, and the tooltips can be customised to
show wind direction, sunrise, sunset, temperature, humidity, visibility,
UV index and more.

Handy little gadget, I reckon.

--
jc

Remove the -not from email

Jeremy Collins said the following on 07/02/2005 16:29:
> Ziggi wrote:
>
>> For those who use Firefox, the Forecast extension has options to
>> display sunrise and sunset for any location you choose. It is a great
>> little extension. http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/

> Very nice! The link on that page seems incorrect, though. The
> actual link to the extension is
>
> ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/extensions/forecastfox/forecastfox-0.5.9-fx.xpi

Sorry, that was the homepage for the extension. I would think their link would work. But
anyways, it works great. :)

--
Ufuk YILDIRIM
yoruk at hotmail dot com

David Martin said the following on 07/02/2005 16:30:
> On 7/2/05 4:21 pm, in article [email protected], "Ziggi"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>For those who use Firefox, the Forecast extension has options to display
>>sunrise and sunset for
>>any location you choose. It is a great little extension.
>>http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/

> It seems to be promoting telling you what the weather is like at the moment.
> Personally I just look out of the window.
>
> ...d

I am using it currently, and it works great. Not only does ýt does tell you what the whether is
like at the moment and for the next n days (1<n<9), but also it tells you the wind condition,
sunrise and sunset, etc. All you need to do is to customise tooltips.

--
Ufuk YILDIRIM
yoruk at hotmail dot com

On 7/2/05 4:35 pm, in article [email protected],
"Jeremy Collins" <[email protected]> wrote:

> David Martin wrote:
>> On 7/2/05 4:21 pm, in article [email protected], "Ziggi"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>> For those who use Firefox, the Forecast extension has options to display
>>> sunrise and sunset for
>>> any location you choose. It is a great little extension.
>>> http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/

>> It seems to be promoting telling you what the weather is like at the moment.
>> Personally I just look out of the window.

> As well as windspeed (which I can't guess from indoors),

There are trees that wave in the wind.
> it also shows
> tonight's and tomorrow's weather,

Very impressive. I normally can only find predictions of varying accuracy.

> and the tooltips can be customised to
> show wind direction,

99:1 it's an Againsterly.

> sunrise, sunset, temperature, humidity, visibility,
> UV index and more.

OK.. might be enough to persuade me to switch to firefox, if I can persuade
it to import my Safari bookmark list.

...d

David Martin said the following on 07/02/2005 17:06:
> On 7/2/05 4:35 pm, in article [email protected],
> "Jeremy Collins" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>David Martin wrote:

>>>It seems to be promoting telling you what the weather is like at the moment.
>>>Personally I just look out of the window.

>>As well as windspeed (which I can't guess from indoors),

> There are trees that wave in the wind.
>
>>it also shows
>>tonight's and tomorrow's weather,

> Very impressive. I normally can only find predictions of varying accuracy.
>

>>and the tooltips can be customised to
>>show wind direction,

> 99:1 it's an Againsterly.
>

>>sunrise, sunset, temperature, humidity, visibility,
>>UV index and more.

> OK.. might be enough to persuade me to switch to firefox, if I can persuade
> it to import my Safari bookmark list.
>
> ...d

There is a way to convert your safari bookmarks to html and from there you can have your
bookmarks in firefox.
Check this --> http://www.neuro-tech.net/safari.cgi

--
Ufuk YILDIRIM
yoruk at hotmail dot com

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:27:49 +0000, David Martin wrote:

> I could download it but neither my mac not my linux box will do it.

Ah, pas de probleme. For your fine Leenuks box get a copy of Xephem,
<http://www.clearskyinstitute.com/xephem/> -- also included on many
distro CD/DVDs.

Add your actual Lat & Long to ~/.xephem/Xephem thusly:
XEphem.Elevation: 15.0 m
XEphem.Lat: 52:15:40
XEphem.Long: -0:19:40
XEphem.Sitename: Burwell, England
XEphem.TZName: GMT
(or wherever your boat floats)

and Robert is your mother's sister's childrens' father (alleged).

Near the bottom right of the first window click "RT Clock" which is the
default Step, and then select "Sunrise" or "Sunset" as you wish. Then
select calendar entries as required.

Mike

Response to Ziggi:
> http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/

Many thanks for this! Very useful - I'm playi^H^H^H configuring it right
now.

--
Mark, UK.

"Prejudice is never easy unless it can pass itself off for
reason."

Mark McNeill said the following on 08/02/2005 20:40:
> Response to Ziggi:
>
>>http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/
>>

> Many thanks for this! Very useful - I'm playi^H^H^H configuring it right
> now.

Glad to be of help :) It is one of the best extensions I have seen around.

--
Ufuk YILDIRIM
yoruk at hotmail dot com

"The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same
good things for the first time." F. Nietzsche