Re: Switching from cycling to running

Marty

Guest
Buck Rogers wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I thought I found the perfect sport when I started cycling about 1.5
> months ago.
> I'd done absolutely no form of excercise before. However, I started to
> realise that I wasn't getting the whole body exercise that I wanted.
> Sure, I
> sweated, but it was only my legs that were getting a workout.
>
> Three days ago, I decided to go for a run after work. I did 1.5 kms, on
> grass, with
> hills around a nearby park. At the end, my lungs hurt, my legs hurt, my
> arms were
> sore(they're still a bit sore now), and I was sweating like a pig.
> Loved it - this
> was the whole body exercise I was looking for!
>
> So I've been running for 3 nights in a row, sometimes in the rain. I've
> learnt to
> pace, so that I am not out of breath at the end.
>
> Well, it's raining now, but I'll be running shortly in the rain. I hope
> to eventually
> do 4 laps of the park after work every night, which equates to 6 kms. I
> am guessing
> that is equal to about 7-8 kms on flat pavement.
>
> Biking is now a purely leisurely activity. Anyone else made the switch
> from cycling
> to running, or vice versa? What did you think of the switch?

You don't have to switch. Most of us here are multisport athletes (if
you include astronomy).
Add swimming to your skills and do a triathlon.

Marty

On Sun, 15 May 2005 at 10:54 GMT, Marty (aka Bruce)
> Buck Rogers wrote:
>> Biking is now a purely leisurely activity. Anyone else made the switch
>> from cycling
>> to running, or vice versa? What did you think of the switch?

Come back from the dark side, my little Padawun.

> You don't have to switch. Most of us here are multisport athletes

Speak for yourself!

> (if you include astronomy).

That's better.

> Bugger you guys.
> The babelfish is idempotent on the set above.

I'm afraid that isn't a very good pickup line either, Tim. - MaryG

Marty wrote:
> Buck Rogers wrote:

<snip>

> You don't have to switch. Most of us here are multisport athletes (if
> you include astronomy).

> Add swimming to your skills and do a triathlon.
>
> Marty

I'm a multisport 'athlete' - I ride different kinds of bikes ;)

--
Nick