Re: Technical Alert - Bike Stems

phil

Guest
Technical Alert: If you need a stem with that much rise you bought the
wrong size bike in the first place!

More seriously, is there a difference in the way of specifying the rise
of a stem between nationalities? To me a 130 degree stem would be a 40
degree stem mounted backwards...

Phil

--
phil

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

phil wrote:
> To me a 130 degree stem would be a 40 degree stem mounted backwards...
>
> Phil

that would put the handlebars too close to your stomache :)

--
Brian MacKenzie

'Training Wheel Not Required DVD - New 6min short as seen on
www.unicycle.tv' (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv)
All proceeds from TWNR go directly into my next movie due for release
Sept 2006
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

phil wrote:
> Technical Alert: If you need a stem with that much rise you bought the
> wrong size bike in the first place!
>
> More seriously, is there a difference in the way of specifying the rise
> of a stem between nationalities? To me a 130 degree stem would be a 40
> degree stem mounted backwards...
>
> Phil

Here is the diagram from the QBP catalog which specifies the geometry
behind the numbers in the recall.

|Filename: QBP Stem Measurement Diagram.jpg |

U-Turn

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton