Re: Technical Alert - Bike Stems

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by phil, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. phil

    phil Guest

    Technical Alert: If you need a stem with that much rise you bought the
    wrong size bike in the first place!

    More seriously, is there a difference in the way of specifying the rise
    of a stem between nationalities? To me a 130 degree stem would be a 40
    degree stem mounted backwards...

    Phil

    --
    phil

    "Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
    phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

  2. phil wrote:
    > To me a 130 degree stem would be a 40 degree stem mounted backwards...
    >
    > Phil

    that would put the handlebars too close to your stomache :)

    --
    Brian MacKenzie

    'Training Wheel Not Required DVD - New 6min short as seen on
    www.unicycle.tv' (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv)
    All proceeds from TWNR go directly into my next movie due for release
    Sept 2006
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

  3. U-Turn

    U-Turn Guest

    phil wrote:
    > Technical Alert: If you need a stem with that much rise you bought the
    > wrong size bike in the first place!
    >
    > More seriously, is there a difference in the way of specifying the rise
    > of a stem between nationalities? To me a 130 degree stem would be a 40
    > degree stem mounted backwards...
    >
    > Phil

    Here is the diagram from the QBP catalog which specifies the geometry
    behind the numbers in the recall.

    |Filename: QBP Stem Measurement Diagram.jpg |

    U-Turn

    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    -- Dave Stockton