Re: The antidote

Brian Robertson wrote:

> OK now? Or are you as bad as the petrol heads on uk.transport who hound
> anyone who makes the slightest mistake - usually only a mistake in their
> minds - until the poor git's position on the group is untenable?

My "position" on uk.tosspot is quite possibly untenable, but since it's
uk.tosspot I don't really care, for much the same reason as my political
views would be considered out of order at a BNP meeting...

u.r.c. is, IME, not a place that holds grudges. Unless, like Troll B,
one is in the habit of providing a constant stream of ammunition against
oneself.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Quoting Brian Robertson <brian@[nospam].com>:
>>On Sat, 13 Oct 2007, Brian Robertson <brian@[nospam]> wrote:
>>>Someone kind and friendly on here.

>At least you can't add being a cowardly little cyber bully to my
>characteristics. We can safely leave that to you, Troll.

What an interesting definition of "kind and friendly" you have.
Today is First Epithumia, October - a weekend.

Quoting Brian Robertson <brian@[nospam].com>:
>Really? Well I inhabit the real world, thanks, where the kind of prats
>that I have encountered on here post my mistaken comment would be
>treated to a good kicking for their harrasment.

So you're a violent thug as well as an idiot?
Today is First Epithumia, October - a weekend.

Quoting Brian Robertson <brian@[nospam].com>:
>OK now? Or are you as bad as the petrol heads on uk.transport who hound
>anyone who makes the slightest mistake

Did you threaten them with violence as well? Maybe you should consider
that the common factor in your experiences is you.

David Damerell wrote:
> Quoting Brian Robertson <brian@[nospam].com>:
>> OK now? Or are you as bad as the petrol heads on uk.transport who hound
>> anyone who makes the slightest mistake

> Did you threaten them with violence as well? Maybe you should consider
> that the common factor in your experiences is you.

To be fair, I don't think anyone took his mention of a good kicking as
more than a splutter from someone incapable of doing so.All mouth and no
bibshorts?

>> Did you threaten them with violence as well? Maybe you should consider
>> that the common factor in your experiences is you.

> To be fair, I don't think anyone took his mention of a good kicking as
> more than a splutter from someone incapable of doing so.All mouth and no
> bibshorts?

Lest we forget....

That original post:

"I don't know if anyone else has said this on the thread, but you really
should wear a helmet. I mean that not as a patronising git, but as someone
with the near death experiences to prove it.

Having said that, you summed up the pleasures of cycling very well. It is a
joy to get out on a bike. A car is just a chore. Lots of people think that a
car is freedom on 4 wheels. It isn't. It's a metal prison."

In other words, an ordinary, decent bloke took time out of his day to
compliment a fellow human being for 'summing up the pleasures of cycling
very well'. And, having himself had a 'near death experience', (and being,
as a normal person, unaware of the godawful can of worms he was opening up,
and motivated not by any personal agenda, but entirely by kindly
fellow-feeling) said someone else ought to wear a helmet.

To be set on by a pack of snarling rottweilers. Nine in the last 24 hours,
if I've got it right.

Well done chaps! What a lot of brave heroes you are! Not like you get
anything out of proportion. Or fail to make allowances for anyone not
'having been on here for ten years'. Or fail to show any trace of tolerance.
Much less common humanity.

Ok, so arguably He Got It Wrong. But the savagery of some of the posts on
this thread just takes my breath away. Some of you really do seem to be very
nasty pieces of work.

Rearrange the words to form a common phrase or expression:

life

get

In article <[email protected]>, spokes
[email protected] says...

> Ok, so arguably He Got It Wrong. But the savagery of some of the posts on
> this thread just takes my breath away. Some of you really do seem to be very
> nasty pieces of work.

He got it wrong and apologised, but then he started snapping at people
and finally he embarked on a whinge-fest - if he'd just left it to cool
down for a day it would be forgotten by now.

"Brian Robertson" <brian@[nospam].com> wrote

> Where have I only half apologised? OK, just to clarify: my original post
> on this thread was ill judged, obviously (Though unintentionally)
> inflammatory and, in all, probability demonstrably completely wrong.

As originator of this thread, I didn't really care that you suggested I
"should wear a helmet". All I asked was "Please stop". Note the word
"please".

And what was your response? "Shut up".

> OK now? Or are you as bad as the petrol heads on uk.transport who hound
> anyone who makes the slightest mistake - usually only a mistake in their
> minds - until the poor git's position on the group is untenable?

You made a mistake. That's not the problem. Most of your posts seem to be
whingeing about how hard done by you are. Accept with more grace.