Re: "The Hell of the North Downs"

wardie2000

Guest
Where exactly was this 100km route, it seems as if there are som
good hills

Wouldn't mind trying them ou

Thank

-

wardie2000:
>Where exactly was this 100km route, it seems as if there are som
>good hills

The route starts from Otford, north of Sevenoaks and runs in a big loo
past Ightham Mote and Bough Beech reservoir. The hills you want to loo
out for are Rowdow (just northeast of Otford), Exedown, Yorkshill
Bayleys Hill, One Tree Hill and River Hill - basically it's up and dow
the North Downs and parts of the Weald

Also, not on the route but close by are Toys Hill and Ide Hill, whic
some folk reckon are even nastier than Yorks

-

davek <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> wardie2000:
> >Where exactly was this 100km route, it seems as if there are some
> >good hills.

> The route starts from Otford, north of Sevenoaks and runs in a big loop
> past Ightham Mote and Bough Beech reservoir. The hills you want to look
> out for are Rowdow (just northeast of Otford), Exedown, Yorkshill,
> Bayleys Hill, One Tree Hill and River Hill - basically it's up and down
> the North Downs and parts of the Weald.
>
> Also, not on the route but close by are Toys Hill and Ide Hill, which
> some folk reckon are even nastier than Yorks.

No I think Yorks takes the biscuit. I did have to do Ide Hill at the
end of the National 400 two years ago though, that was character
building ;-)