Quoted message said:From: "Mike Jacoubowsky"
Quoted message said:One more thing that comes up from time to time. Customers often don't
realize that the buckled strap on the Sidi is a primary contributor to how
loose they feel in the heel. If you leave it fairly loose, the heel will
also be loose. In many instances, a customer can cinch up that strap a fair
amount, without any negative impact on fit in that area, and have it feel
better in the back. They just don't know >to try.
FWIW, that's why Sidi's work for me and I can still ride. I usually snug the
ratchet up a notch or two during a ride, but whatever, the notches are pretty
close together so each click is a fairly small adjustment. My heels popped
right out of the Mega size I tried on but a half-size (reputed to be wider than
whole sizes) fits my wide toe area very well. There, I run the shoe loose,
contrary to the "old wisdom". Works great even with my very tender feet.
Repeating, don't wear tight shoes, and especially don't wear shoes that your
toes touch the inside ends of. Taking out a bone spur is not a fun deal, and
you don't go back to "normal". --TP