rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: The Triton's competition

Started by The UniSLAB · · Last activity · 2 posts · 504 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
22 June 2008
Last activity
22 June 2008
Original author
The UniSLAB
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
504
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Alright guys well thanks for all the input so far but I'm getting to a
    point where I need to know 2 very important things.

    1. Would you rather the frames be aluminum or titanium?

    2. Do you guys put weight or strength first? Meaning if this frame
    isn't as light as the KH would you still buy it?

    I need these questions answered so that I can start on designing a
    frame geared toward a specific goal. I'm guessing that you guys would
    want the 20"/24" strong, and the 29"/36" light but I'm only guessing.

    --
    The UniSLAB

    Spoonthumb said:

    Does it make you feel good? Arguing on the internet?


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The UniSLAB's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15258
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70828

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. The UniSLAB said:


    1. Would you rather the frames be aluminum or titanium?

    2. Do you guys put weight or strength first? Meaning if this frame
    isn't as light as the KH would you still buy it?

    1.I think Ti is a better material for a frame. It has amazing strength
    to weight ratio. As a Triton owner I think the design was very well
    done and something different is not fully needed. Tho with Trtion on
    hiatus there surely is a market for a nice Ti frame.

    Personaly I think that the aluminum frame designs that are currently on
    the market could use some work. Aluminum is a pretty fragil meterial.
    When you factor in the repeated stress we put into them there is almost
    no hope that it will be a long lasting frame.
    I think getting as few welds as you can possibly get away with would
    help in keeping the alu strong.

    My point is there is a bigger need for a stronger aluminum option.
    However with the KH and K1 aluminum frames on the market it would be
    hard to keep up with their replacment warranty.

    Either frame is not going to be cheap to build and you plan to sell it
    it will not be cheap to replace. The Ti can be rewelded which is a plus
    if there were ever problems.

    2. The weight/strength this is a bit opinion. But I think Strength is
    the obvious victor here.

    We are not professional road racers who want a custom aluminum frame
    for one race. We want are "expensive" equipment to last. I think the
    real issue here is going to be cost to strenght. If it cost alot it
    should hold up and be warrantied. We dont mind paying a little exrta
    for something worth it. But just because a frame is Ti does not make it
    strong and worth 500 dollars.

    --
    agentQ

    '*)--SmallSpin-'O,*'
    (

    )
    '*)---TreFlip-'O,'
    (

    )
    '*)--DoubbleFlip-'O,*'
    (http://www.vimeo.com/683454)
    ---
    'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    agentQ's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13021
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70828

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.