Re: Thieving Scum :-(

occupant

Guest
elyob wrote:
> =

> "Simon Connell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Moral of the story, get yourself the biggest lock you can possibly fi=

nd,
> or
> > better yet keep your bike indoors. We've both kept bikes there for 2 =

years
> > with no problems, so there's obviously a bit of a crime wave in Bath =

at
> the
> > moment. Oh, and consign yourself to the fact that however much you li=

ke
> your
> > bike(s), if someone of the criminal persuasion takes a fancy to them,=

> > they'll have them. My girlfriends was a 6 year old, =A3200 Muddy Fox,=

but
> they
> > obviously still thought it worth taking.

Stolen property is money to a thief. To the thief the original value is
unimportant.
It may bring a package of cigarettes, a coffee or a drug of choice. We
hear
all the time my bike isn't worth anything. A rusted bike costs more
than most
are willing to pay to replace it.

> > Oh, and finally if anyone spots a large green Kona wth green tires be=

ing
> > ridden anywhere, can they drop me a mail?
> > Simon

> =

> Wave goodbye to the Kona unfortunately. I leave a note in my bike tubin=

g to
> ask any person that will change the bottom bracket to email or call me =

if
> they find the note. I can then tell them whether the bike was nicked of=

f me.
> =

> Knowing how to use a decent lock is as important as buying a decent loc=

k. I
> always pop my Kryptonite New York through the frame and rear wheel. Thi=

> leaves no room for a car jack to be put in. =

Excellent. =

I then secure the front wheel

Absolutely necessary, too. =

> with a cable lock and remove everything that is nickable.

My bike sleeps at the bottom of my bed, under my pillow is a hammer, on the
dresser at the side of my bed is a set of ornamental sammurai swords in my
wardrobe is a 72lb barnett saffari (bow and arrow) i love my bikes.

When i have done polishing my bikes i pass the remaining of my time
polishing and sharpening my samurai's.

I have had 2 bikes stolen one when i was a kid, my very first racer that i
took a paper round to pay for, then a magnessium alloy mountain bike :( so
when i lock them up now its always through the front wheel back wheel and
frame. on occassions i have seen bikes with a front wheel missing and a
front wheel locked up in the parking next to it, obvious to me that a little
earlier someone found and made themselves a bike from 2 bikes that hadn't
yet been lost.

"occupant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...