Re: Things that have to have salt...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Miche, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. Miche

    Miche Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Katra <[email protected]> wrote:

    > As a general rule, I try to follow a low sodium diet, at least most of
    > the time, due to a fluid retention problem that can drive up blood
    > pressure...
    >
    > But, there are some things that just HAVE to have a little bit of salt!
    >
    > Tomatoes
    > eggs
    > avocados
    > summer squash
    > winter squash
    > potatoes
    > most leafy greens
    >
    > Anyone else???

    Rice.

    As a friend of mine put it, "rice loves salt". Rice without salt tastes
    of nothing.

    Miche

    --
    WWMVD?

    Tags:

  2. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Miche <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Katra <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > As a general rule, I try to follow a low sodium diet, at least most of
    > > the time, due to a fluid retention problem that can drive up blood
    > > pressure...
    > >
    > > But, there are some things that just HAVE to have a little bit of salt!
    > >
    > > Tomatoes
    > > eggs
    > > avocados
    > > summer squash
    > > winter squash
    > > potatoes
    > > most leafy greens
    > >
    > > Anyone else???

    > Rice.
    >
    > As a friend of mine put it, "rice loves salt". Rice without salt tastes
    > of nothing.
    >
    > Miche

    I cook rice with chicken or beef stock instead of water.
    That generally takes care of it. :-d
    --
    K.