Re: This is all too true........(Read on)

Pete S.

Guest
On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:27:50 +0100, Michael Wolf
<[email protected]> wrote:

>You still forgot some obvious ones (for RS, that is):
>
>- 3 Americans pointing out that it must have been a European light bulb,
>as this would never happen to an American one
>
>- 3 Europeans pointing out that it also happens to American ones too.
>
>- 1 poster pointing out that they didn't use the (expensive) 'right
>light bulbs' and that cost is for strokes
>
>- 4 posters pointing out that they're quite happy with their individual
>choice of light bulbs, that they made a conscious choice and that those
>that think that there is only one right light bulb are acting like
>religious zealots.

And could I take the opportunity to point out that they are not light
bulbs, they are lamps. Bulbs is what you put in the garden.

Pete S.

www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk

"Pete S." <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:27:50 +0100, Michael Wolf
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>You still forgot some obvious ones (for RS, that is):
>>
>>- 3 Americans pointing out that it must have been a European light bulb,
>>as this would never happen to an American one
>>
>>- 3 Europeans pointing out that it also happens to American ones too.
>>
>>- 1 poster pointing out that they didn't use the (expensive) 'right
>>light bulbs' and that cost is for strokes
>>
>>- 4 posters pointing out that they're quite happy with their individual
>>choice of light bulbs, that they made a conscious choice and that those
>>that think that there is only one right light bulb are acting like
>>religious zealots.
>>

> And could I take the opportunity to point out that they are not light
> bulbs, they are lamps. Bulbs is what you put in the garden.
>

> Pete S.

That's the spirit!

[email protected]uk (Pete S.) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:27:50 +0100, Michael Wolf
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>You still forgot some obvious ones (for RS, that is):
>>
>>- 3 Americans pointing out that it must have been a European light bulb,
>>as this would never happen to an American one
>>
>>- 3 Europeans pointing out that it also happens to American ones too.
>>
>>- 1 poster pointing out that they didn't use the (expensive) 'right
>>light bulbs' and that cost is for strokes
>>
>>- 4 posters pointing out that they're quite happy with their individual
>>choice of light bulbs, that they made a conscious choice and that those
>>that think that there is only one right light bulb are acting like
>>religious zealots.
>>

> And could I take the opportunity to point out that they are not light
> bulbs, they are lamps. Bulbs is what you put in the garden.

So, your one of the 2 industry professionals, mentioned in the original
post? ;-)

--
Michael Wolf
------------

Cthulhu for President! Why settle for the lesser evil?

remove stopspam to reply

Michael Wolf says:

>So, your one of the 2 industry professionals, mentioned in the original
>post? ;-)

That would be "you're", Mike... ;-)

"Pete S." <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:27:50 +0100, Michael Wolf
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >You still forgot some obvious ones (for RS, that is):
> >
> >- 3 Americans pointing out that it must have been a European light bulb,
> >as this would never happen to an American one
> >
> >- 3 Europeans pointing out that it also happens to American ones too.
> >
> >- 1 poster pointing out that they didn't use the (expensive) 'right
> >light bulbs' and that cost is for strokes
> >
> >- 4 posters pointing out that they're quite happy with their individual
> >choice of light bulbs, that they made a conscious choice and that those
> >that think that there is only one right light bulb are acting like
> >religious zealots.
> >

> And could I take the opportunity to point out that they are not light
> bulbs, they are lamps. Bulbs is what you put in the garden.

And may *I* point out, that the full and therefore more correct term, is
actually 'globe lamp' - HTH, HAVVND!

Shaun aRe