Re: throat chakra hot spot

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 22:46:25 -0500, "Two_Bears"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Every time I have heard Taoism mentioned; it is pronounced with a D; but
>every time I have seen it written with a T (even the book Tao Te Ching).

Great! Now your horizons have been broadened. Maybe you should get out
more. <g> Just kidding!

namaste,

Garry

In article <[email protected]>,
Two_Bears <[email protected]> wrote:
>"rb1_622" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> solace in one's life. Daoism has affected so many facets of my life
>> that the only measurement I have is that I just keep getting better

>Taoism is spelled with a T; but pronounced as a D.
>
>Taoism is probably the world's oldest (recorded) monotheistic religion.

Calling Taoism a monotheistic religion is a serious misnomer.

>Taoism is more than 5000 years old.

Bah. Tao Te Ching in its current form is probably about 2500 years
old. The early Taoists did exist, and *might* go back 5000 years, but
the "Lao Tzu" form of Taoism is much more recent than that.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

"David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote

> Calling Taoism a monotheistic religion is a serious misnomer.

No it isn't. Taoism is one of the many spiritual traditions I explored.

Taoism recognizes the one (the Tao)

> Bah. Tao Te Ching in its current form is probably about 2500 years
> old. The early Taoists did exist, and *might* go back 5000 years, but
> the "Lao Tzu" form of Taoism is much more recent than that.

I never said that Taoism as expressed in the Tao Te Ching was 5000 years
old. I said Taoism was more than 5000 years old. Over the millennia; theere
have been MANY Taoist traditions practised. some dealt with magick, others
like Inner alchemy Taoism were seeking immortality, etc. They were all forms
of of Taoism.

In article <[email protected]>,
Two_Bears <[email protected]> wrote:
>"David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> Calling Taoism a monotheistic religion is a serious misnomer.

>No it isn't. Taoism is one of the many spiritual traditions I explored.

How nice for you. If you think it's any sort of monotheistic religion
in the sense of Christianity, Judaism, or Islam, you are sadly
mistaken.

>Taoism recognizes the one (the Tao)

Yes -- which is not the same as God in the sense of the religions I
mention above.

>> Bah. Tao Te Ching in its current form is probably about 2500 years
>> old. The early Taoists did exist, and *might* go back 5000 years, but
>> the "Lao Tzu" form of Taoism is much more recent than that.

>I never said that Taoism as expressed in the Tao Te Ching was 5000 years
>old. I said Taoism was more than 5000 years old. Over the millennia; theere
>have been MANY Taoist traditions practised. some dealt with magick, others
>like Inner alchemy Taoism were seeking immortality, etc. They were all forms
>of of Taoism.

But until you add Lao Tzu, you're not talking about anything like
current practices. Shucks, you can go all the way back to shamanism
if you like, but sooner or later you have to admit that there's a
pretty serious disconnect between what you wind up with and what
exists today.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

"Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > Calling Taoism a monotheistic religion is a serious misnomer.

> No it isn't. Taoism is one of the many spiritual traditions I explored.
>
> Taoism recognizes the one (the Tao)

Tao is not a god. Monotheism asserts the existence of one god.

"David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote

> How nice for you. If you think it's any sort of monotheistic religion
> in the sense of Christianity, Judaism, or Islam, you are sadly
> mistaken.

I never said Taoism was like "christianity. I only said it was monotheistic
and it is.

> Yes -- which is not the same as God in the sense of the religions I
> mention above.

I never said it was. I only said that Taoism was the worlds oldest recorded
monotheistic religion. That is a matter of fact and history.

Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.

Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery.
Click the link to read my HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote

> Tao is not a god. Monotheism asserts the existence of one god.

Since the Tao is alleged to have created yin and yang, and the interactions
of Yin and Yang created the universe; the Tao fits the role of Creator (God
if you will) in monotheistic religions.

Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.

Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery.
Click the link to read my HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "rb1_622" <[email protected]> wrote

I saw this and have to butt in here.
Although noone believes me when I've mentioned this, here goes ...
> > IMO understanding qi is very subjective and based on one's level of
> > experience. I can understand your need to quantify or measure the

> Qi is experiencial
>
> > energy since this post was really about pain in the throat chakra. If
> > this person has pain in that region they should see a physician. It

> A better choice would be visit a good accupuncture therapist.
>
> > may be organic in nature. I myself am very skeptical of claims that
> > qi or raising kundalini can cause harm by overloading the nervous
> > system. I have not had that experience.

I have what I would consider to either be uncontrolled energy or
energy forced on me. I noticed this after doing some magickal
exercises and initiation on my own. It sort of sounds like what David
D has mentioned, a pulsing type energy, or something like what Cabot
has mentioned as Alpha. It can be *highly* annoying.
> you DON"T want that experience either.

amen.
> Not all kundalini awakenings are that
> auden that the person is unable to deal with. Many kundalini awakenings are
> so gradual that they are unaware that it is happening.

And once you have this sort of "awakening" it can be difficult to
control.
> > I use Zen one-pointness techniques, Chinese circular breathing and

> I am a fan of Zazen myself.
>
> > bone breathing techniques, and the Western Middle Pillar exercise,
> > along with studying the chakra centers. These exercises have improved

> The Midle Pillar (the one I have done) is NOT western in nature, It came
> deom the Kaballah originaly. The Kabbalah is mystical judaism. The middle
> pillar only works with 4 parts of the body that are aligned with 4 of the 7
> chakras.
>
> > solace in one's life. Daoism has affected so many facets of my life
> > that the only measurement I have is that I just keep getting better

> Taoism is spelled with a T; but pronounced as a D.
>
> Taoism is probably the world's oldest (recorded) monotheistic religion.
> Taoism is more than 5000 years old. Judaism only goes back about 3,800
> years, and "christianity" as it is today only goes back 1500 - 1700 years.
> The indians and Hawaiians did not have a written language till about
> 200 -300 years ago; so there is no idea how long they had been practising
> their faith.
>
> Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.

I really look forward to a Yoga course this Fall.
> Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery.
> Click the link to read my HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"Tom" <[email protected]>

> The Big Bang is alleged to have created the universe, too, but nobody
> thinks the Big Bang is a god.

The Creator is free to create the universe any way it chooses whether that
be via the Scientific myth how the universe was created, or the myth of
evolution, the Taoist Creation myth, the "christian" creation myth, the
Cherokee creation myth that we were seeded here by beings from the Pleiades,
etc.

It is impossible for the mind of man to understand the mind of the Creator.
I am comfortable in my beliefs, and I do not concern myself with what I can
not understand.

Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.

Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery.
Click the link to read my HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote

> Then you must not be concerned with very much at all.

Not much. Because of OBEs; they have proven to my satisfaction there is life
after what you call death.

I am a human being doing the best I can (with my limited level of
awareness), and making the best choices I can.