Re: throat chakra hot spot

Michael Howard

Guest
Have you tried circulating the Qi back down to the tandian or even the feet?
I'd be a bit worried that the glands may get over stimulated?
Rgds,
"David Dalton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> (But I know in qigong probably the throat chakra is described
> as a nexus of meridians or something?)
>
> In the last few days I have again had a fairly steady hot
> spot in and just above the v-notch at the top of my breastbone,
> so at the base of my throat (though I thought the throat
> chakra was slightly higher than that, a little closer
> to the adam's apple). This has occurred before but not
> in a while, and it isn't partularly troublesome but sometimes
> I pull down my t-shirt to free/open/cool it (but haven't
> gone to a v-neck shirt).
>
> So anyway I was just wondering if it might be a sign
> of anything, or what might be causing it or whether
> I should perhaps do any yoga chakra meditation,
> pranayama or qigong exercises, none of which I
> have been doing for a while.
>
> I am hoping that this throat hot spot might be
> an early sign of a waning crescent high which I
> hope might start at summer solstice last quarter.
> However in the previous five such highs I don't
> remember such a hot spot, the only noticeable
> warning sign of one was an unusual chill especially
> leg chill the week before the (last) Aug/Sept 1994 one.
> But for more discussion of such highs and related
> clear sky lightning and solar flares and lunar
> and sunspot cycle patterns see my web page
> http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html .
>
> On it I also mention things such as my experience
> of shaktipat, thorn acupuncture awakening of hands
> and feet, mystic spark effects, kundalini effects
> (the shaktipat, powerful just to the side of third eye
> warming during pranayama, shower of sparks out
> the back top of my head during chakra meditation),
> powerful tingling/cooling/warming/throbbing of
> fingers and hands at times, which I thought was
> related to geomagnetic activity but now am not sure,
> and lots more.
>
> I'd write some more but have to run off home now,
> but anyway I am mainly interested in the throat
> hot spot, though I would also like to learn of
> any past eastern figures who had cycles like
> mine (so far I have a fair bit of evidence for
> celtic pagan figures but less for others). But
> for example the Buddha had seven years of ascetic
> years, like my low years which I hope will end
> Saturday [at 7 years and 5 lunar months], and
> battled Mara [like a waxing gibbous moon trial
> with release at full moon], and encountered the
> Naga water serpent [blue clear sky lightning]. Also
> Krishna is describe as the butter thief [so waning
> butter, or waning crescent moon] and is said to
> have battled demons [so again waxing gibbous moon
> trial with release/resurrection at full moon]. I
> also relate the blue lotus/blue Krishna to my blue
> rose vision. But I do relate myself more to celtic
> pagan figures such as Taliesin, Finn (Fionn),
> Amergin, Cu Chulainn and Myrddin so far.
>
> David
> http://www.nfld.com/~dalton

"Michael Howard" <[email protected]> wrote

> Have you tried circulating the Qi back down to the tandian or even the

feet?
> I'd be a bit worried that the glands may get over stimulated?

Aloha nui loa Michael; my brother.

You arequite correct.

Overloading your system repeatedly can damage the glands in the endocrine
system.

"Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Overloading your system repeatedly can damage the glands in the endocrine
> system.

What do you mean by "overloading your system repeatedly"? What kind of
damage?

"Michael Howard" <[email protected]> wrote

> I'm not sure where the blockage might be but the Qi in the Conception

Vessel
> 'normally' rises upward in an adult male unless trained otherwise. I

still

The Qi should travel up the ren (governing) Qi vessel, and down the du
(conception) Qi vessel to thee hui yin point. What you suggested was the
fire path. which I do not recommend because the upward rising Qi in the
conception Qi vessekl could affect the heart rhythm.

Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.

Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery.
Click the link to read my HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > What do you mean by "overloading your system repeatedly"? What kind of
> > damage?

> I mean overloading your system a few times a week, and you are nerrvous ,
> feel pain, or a burning sensation.

You're using a tautology. "Overloading your system means overloading your
system." What's the load? What's the carrying capacity of the system?

> The damage where your glands of your endocrine system are malfunctionaing
> youe body is out of balance. (unable to sleep, your body is not able to
> process the food your eat., etc) It can get so bad where your bowels and
> kidneys stop functioning, It this happens; you will end up on the

hospital
> in a few days.

Many things can upset digestion and sleep patterns other than endocrine
system malfunctions. How do you know that's what it is and how do you know
what caused it?

It's my impression that understanding medical conditions like this is
pretty complicated and requires a considerable amount of careful research
using a large number of subjects.

The methods used by magicians and mystics, who are essentially hermits when
it comes to their research, are not suited for this kind of study.

news:[email protected]...

,
> > feel pain, or a burning sensation.

> You're using a tautology. "Overloading your system means overloading your
> system." What's the load? What's the carrying capacity of the system?
>
> > The damage where your glands of your endocrine system are

malfunctionaing
> > youe body is out of balance. (unable to sleep, your body is not able to
> > process the food your eat., etc) It can get so bad where your bowels and
> > kidneys stop functioning, It this happens; you will end up on the

> hospital
> > in a few days.

> Many things can upset digestion and sleep patterns other than endocrine
> system malfunctions. How do you know that's what it is and how do you

know
> what caused it?
>
> It's my impression that understanding medical conditions like this is
> pretty complicated and requires a considerable amount of careful research
> using a large number of subjects.
>
> The methods used by magicians and mystics, who are essentially hermits

when
> it comes to their research, are not suited for this kind of study.

Tom, I suspect that you know very little about Qi , and it's uses and
symptoms. Unfortunately, very few doctors know anything at all about it.

Well, I'm with you 100% I think. The proper orbit is of course up the Gv
and down the Co. I was merely thinking it would be good to use the tongue
to see if in fact the pallate was open. Someone suggested the sternum was
blocked but I doubt it. The throat seems to be open and as the untrained
male flow will be upward it may be a quick way to check it all out. If Qi
flows to the face then he should proceed with the correct orbit training.
As far as I knew the fire path was the name for the normal flow that you
described btw.
Kind rgds,
"Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Michael Howard" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > I'm not sure where the blockage might be but the Qi in the Conception

> Vessel
> > 'normally' rises upward in an adult male unless trained otherwise. I

> still
>
> The Qi should travel up the ren (governing) Qi vessel, and down the du
> (conception) Qi vessel to thee hui yin point. What you suggested was the
> fire path. which I do not recommend because the upward rising Qi in the
> conception Qi vessekl could affect the heart rhythm.
>
> Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.
>
> Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery.
> Click the link to read my HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"tools" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > It's my impression that understanding medical conditions
> > like this is pretty complicated and requires a considerable
> > amount of careful research using a large number of subjects.
> >
> > The methods used by magicians and mystics, who are
> > essentially hermits when it comes to their research, are
> > not suited for this kind of study.

> Tom, I suspect that you know very little about Qi , and it's uses and
> symptoms. Unfortunately, very few doctors know anything at all about it.

Oh, I know a bit about the lore connected with Qi. Probably not as much as
you do, though. I'm willing to stipulate that. However, what I'm talking
about is not lore about Qi in general, but about carefully conducted
scientific research into the effect of Qi on endocrine glands and their
disorders. My point is that there isn't any.

How much do *you* know about endocrine disorders, their causes and cures?
I suspect it's very little.

How much do you know about the methodology of disease research? I suspect
that's very little, too.

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote

> You're using a tautology. "Overloading your system means overloading your
> system." What's the load? What's the carrying capacity of the system?

Every person's energy system is as unique as a fingerprint. What may be
perfectly safe for you, me, and 90% of the people on this planet; may be
dangerous for your neighbor down the street. May I remind you of people that
go into shock from eating something as simple as peanuts or crab meat.

A person practising Qigong, Tai Chi, etc MUST listen to the subtle signs
coming from their body instead of using the approach "no pain no gain"

> Many things can upset digestion and sleep patterns other than endocrine
> system malfunctions. How do you know that's what it is and how do you

know
> what caused it?

True; but those other possible causes do not reach the severity where the
person begin to experience non physical reality, and unable to discern the
difference between physical and non physical reality.

The doctor would have to run blood tests and check the assorted hormone
levels.

Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.

Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery.
Click the link to read my HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote

> you do, though. I'm willing to stipulate that. However, what I'm talking
> about is not lore about Qi in general, but about carefully conducted
> scientific research into the effect of Qi on endocrine glands and their

Tom:

Back in the late 60s and 70s; eastern studies and philosophy began to take a
hold here in the west; and the people here in the west had bought into the
philosophy "no pain no gain", so they began using the same aproach when they
began studyinh Yoga, Qigong, Tai Chi, etc.

I have heard that several of those completely came unglued, and some
psychologists or psychiatrists coined the term Qigong Psychosis for their
problem.

I have not seen actual hard copy of the diagnosis "Qigong Psychosis"; but I
have worked with a hand full or energy workers that have mucked up their
endocrine systems so bad they ended up in the hospital.

I was able to help most of them repair the damage, and return to balanced
productive lives.

One poor guy is on life sustaining medication (Hydrocortizone and
Synthroid). If he goes without his medication 8-10 days he will be dead as a
doornail. He just about fried his pituitary, and pineal glands in order to
attain alleged paranormal abilities

Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.

Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery.
Click the link to read my HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

Slight correction. The Ren is the conception vessel. The Du is the
governing vessel.

Joe

--
Forman Acupuncture & Qigong
Joseph R. Forman
"Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Michael Howard" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > I'm not sure where the blockage might be but the Qi in the Conception

> Vessel
> > 'normally' rises upward in an adult male unless trained otherwise. I

> still
>
> The Qi should travel up the ren (governing) Qi vessel, and down the du
> (conception) Qi vessel to thee hui yin point. What you suggested was the
> fire path. which I do not recommend because the upward rising Qi in the
> conception Qi vessekl could affect the heart rhythm.
>
> Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.
>
> Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery.
> Click the link to read my HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"tools" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "tools" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > Tom, I suspect that you know very little about Qi , and it's uses and
> > > symptoms. Unfortunately, very few doctors know anything at all about

it.

> > Oh, I know a bit about the lore connected with Qi. Probably not as

much
> as
> > you do, though. I'm willing to stipulate that. However, what I'm

talking
> > about is not lore about Qi in general, but about carefully conducted
> > scientific research into the effect of Qi on endocrine glands and their
> > disorders. My point is that there isn't any.
> >
> > How much do *you* know about endocrine disorders, their causes and

cures?
> > I suspect it's very little.
> >
> > How much do you know about the methodology of disease research? I

suspect
> > that's very little, too.
> >

> You might find some of what you want by checking the research being done

in
> a Qi Gong hospital. China has much research ongoing about the effects.

Do you think the claim I originally questioned is based on any published
research at all? I suspect it wasn't.

I'd be happy to look at any actual research that might be available. You
haven't mentioned any, though.

"Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > You're using a tautology. "Overloading your system means overloading

your
> > system." What's the load? What's the carrying capacity of the system?

> Every person's energy system is as unique as a fingerprint. What may be
> perfectly safe for you, me, and 90% of the people on this planet; may be
> dangerous for your neighbor down the street. May I remind you of people

that
> go into shock from eating something as simple as peanuts or crab meat.
>
> A person practising Qigong, Tai Chi, etc MUST listen to the subtle signs
> coming from their body instead of using the approach "no pain no gain"

I think you are using pseudo-physics to talk about feelings. When we try
to talk about this stuff using the terminology of physics, we get bogged
down. When we talk about it as feelings, though, we may be able to make
some headway in understanding each other.

> > Many things can upset digestion and sleep patterns other
> > than endocrine system malfunctions. How do you know
> > that's what it is and how do you know what caused it?

> True; but those other possible causes do not reach the severity where the
> person begin to experience non physical reality, and unable to discern

the
> difference between physical and non physical reality.

See? Once we start talking about endocrine functions, we are talking about
a physical phenomenon. When we are talking about feelings, there might not
be anything physical to measure. So, discussing Qi as feelings instead of
as some mysterious form of "non-physical energy" might be more productive.

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> > > You're using a tautology. "Overloading your system means overloading

> your
> > > system." What's the load? What's the carrying capacity of the

system?

> > Every person's energy system is as unique as a fingerprint. What may be
> > perfectly safe for you, me, and 90% of the people on this planet; may be
> > dangerous for your neighbor down the street. May I remind you of people

> that
> > go into shock from eating something as simple as peanuts or crab meat.
> >
> > A person practising Qigong, Tai Chi, etc MUST listen to the subtle signs
> > coming from their body instead of using the approach "no pain no gain"

> I think you are using pseudo-physics to talk about feelings. When we try
> to talk about this stuff using the terminology of physics, we get bogged
> down. When we talk about it as feelings, though, we may be able to make
> some headway in understanding each other.
>
> > > Many things can upset digestion and sleep patterns other
> > > than endocrine system malfunctions. How do you know
> > > that's what it is and how do you know what caused it?

> > True; but those other possible causes do not reach the severity where

the
> > person begin to experience non physical reality, and unable to discern

> the
> > difference between physical and non physical reality.

> See? Once we start talking about endocrine functions, we are talking

about
> a physical phenomenon. When we are talking about feelings, there might

not
> be anything physical to measure. So, discussing Qi as feelings instead of
> as some mysterious form of "non-physical energy" might be more productive.

Ahhh! its clear now, you do NOT understand Qi.

"Joseph Forman" <[email protected]> wrote

> Slight correction. The Ren is the conception vessel. The Du is the
> governing vessel.

Thanks for the tip.

I may have confused the Ren and Du; but I still knew Conceptoion Qi vessel
went from the tip of the tongue then sown the front of the abdomen to the
hui Yin, and Governing goes from the Hui Yin uo the spine and op the back of
the skull across the Bai Hui vital point and down the front of the face and
ends at the gum tissue above the two front teeth.

Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.

Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery.
Click the link to read my HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom:
>
> Back in the late 60s and 70s; eastern studies and philosophy began to

take a
> hold here in the west; and the people here in the west had bought into

the
> philosophy "no pain no gain", so they began using the same aproach when

they
> began studyinh Yoga, Qigong, Tai Chi, etc.
>
> I have heard that several of those completely came unglued, and some
> psychologists or psychiatrists coined the term Qigong Psychosis for their
> problem.

According to Dr. H H Shan MD, Director, Department of Social and Cross
Culture Psychiatry, Shanghai XuHui Mental Health Center, Shanghai, China,
qigong psychosis is a culture-bound syndrome that affects believers in
qigong. Sometimes it occurs in people who have properly performed qigong
exercises, not just inappropriate practices. The concepts of qigong are
not fully defined and there are more than 400 different methods of doing
qigong exercises. Which ones are the "proper" ones? How do you know?

One wonders if such effects are a product of belief rather than the
physical effects of the exercises themselves.

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Tom:
> >
> > Back in the late 60s and 70s; eastern studies and philosophy began to

> take a
> > hold here in the west; and the people here in the west had bought into

> the
> > philosophy "no pain no gain", so they began using the same aproach when

> they
> > began studyinh Yoga, Qigong, Tai Chi, etc.
> >
> > I have heard that several of those completely came unglued, and some
> > psychologists or psychiatrists coined the term Qigong Psychosis for

their
> > problem.

> According to Dr. H H Shan MD, Director, Department of Social and Cross
> Culture Psychiatry, Shanghai XuHui Mental Health Center, Shanghai, China,
> qigong psychosis is a culture-bound syndrome that affects believers in
> qigong. Sometimes it occurs in people who have properly performed qigong
> exercises, not just inappropriate practices. The concepts of qigong are
> not fully defined and there are more than 400 different methods of doing
> qigong exercises. Which ones are the "proper" ones? How do you know?
>
> One wonders if such effects are a product of belief rather than the
> physical effects of the exercises themselves.

Well you could find a Qi Gong master, and ask him/her to prove it to you.
But being a good little troll, you won't do that.

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > When I encountered him he was a debunker "Don't confuse
> > me with the facts; my mind is already made up."

> I've never been a "debunker" and I have never written what you put into
> quotes.
>
> However, people whose beliefs are easily threatened and who haven't got
> enough evidence to back up their silly claims have often made up quotes to
> attribute to me in an effort to erect a straw man.
>
> > I fear you are wasting your time on Tom.

> If what you're trying to do is bluff with a busted flush, you are indeed
> wasting your time on me.

Damn! Tom, were you dropped on your head?

"tools" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Tom:
> > >
> > > Back in the late 60s and 70s; eastern studies and philosophy began to

> > take a
> > > hold here in the west; and the people here in the west had bought

into
> > the
> > > philosophy "no pain no gain", so they began using the same aproach

when
> > they
> > > began studyinh Yoga, Qigong, Tai Chi, etc.
> > >
> > > I have heard that several of those completely came unglued, and some
> > > psychologists or psychiatrists coined the term Qigong Psychosis for

> their
> > > problem.

> > According to Dr. H H Shan MD, Director, Department of Social and Cross
> > Culture Psychiatry, Shanghai XuHui Mental Health Center, Shanghai,

China,
> > qigong psychosis is a culture-bound syndrome that affects believers in
> > qigong. Sometimes it occurs in people who have properly performed

qigong
> > exercises, not just inappropriate practices. The concepts of qigong

are
> > not fully defined and there are more than 400 different methods of

doing
> > qigong exercises. Which ones are the "proper" ones? How do you know?
> >
> > One wonders if such effects are a product of belief rather than the
> > physical effects of the exercises themselves.
> >

> Well you could find a Qi Gong master, and ask him/her to prove it to you.
> But being a good little troll, you won't do that.

Kind of hostile response to a thoughtful message.

Well, I guess that tells me all I need to know about you.

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "tools" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > take a

> into
> > > the

> when
> > > they

> > their
> > >
> > > According to Dr. H H Shan MD, Director, Department of Social and Cross
> > > Culture Psychiatry, Shanghai XuHui Mental Health Center, Shanghai,

> China,
> > > qigong psychosis is a culture-bound syndrome that affects believers in
> > > qigong. Sometimes it occurs in people who have properly performed

> qigong
> > > exercises, not just inappropriate practices. The concepts of qigong

> are
> > > not fully defined and there are more than 400 different methods of

> doing
> > > qigong exercises. Which ones are the "proper" ones? How do you know?
> > >
> > > One wonders if such effects are a product of belief rather than the
> > > physical effects of the exercises themselves.
> > >

> > Well you could find a Qi Gong master, and ask him/her to prove it to

you.
> > But being a good little troll, you won't do that.

> Kind of hostile response to a thoughtful message.
>
> Well, I guess that tells me all I need to know about you.

Well, GOOD, now crawl back under your rock.