Re: throat chakra hot spot

mika

Guest
David Dalton <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> (But I know in qigong probably the throat chakra is described
> as a nexus of meridians or something?)
>
> In the last few days I have again had a fairly steady hot
> spot in and just above the v-notch at the top of my breastbone,
> so at the base of my throat (though I thought the throat
> chakra was slightly higher than that, a little closer
> to the adam's apple). This has occurred before but not
> in a while, and it isn't partularly troublesome but sometimes
> I pull down my t-shirt to free/open/cool it (but haven't
> gone to a v-neck shirt).

Eat a spoonful of honey. It will bring in some balancing yin.

On 26 Jun 2003 10:45:02 -0700, [email protected] (Dorie) wrote:

>There's a very good little book called Between Heaven and Earth which
>talks about the five elements and Chinese medicine. If you read the
>chapter on fire, you will see descriptions of excess heat, which
>includes sensations of heat in the body. By the way, people who have
>this are also drawn to metaphysical exploration, as you have described
>in your earlier posting. You should read this book. No place in your
>body should be heating up. This is a sign of an energy imbalance, not
>of your dear friend thinking of you. :)

Depends on what you mean by "heating up". A feeling of warmth during
qigong practice in the dantien is actually a good sign. When a TCM
doctor speaks of "excess heat", he or she is talking about something
entirely different. Also, for those of us that practice Reiki, and I
imagine for those that practice external qigong healing, as well, it
is not uncommon for the hands to warm up considerably during a
session, and this is quite natural and not an indication of an
imbalance in the practitioner.

Garry

"Nadie Niemand" <[email protected]> wrote

> Depends on what you mean by "heating up". A feeling of warmth during
> qigong practice in the dantien is actually a good sign. When a TCM
> doctor speaks of "excess heat", he or she is talking about something
> entirely different. Also, for those of us that practice Reiki, and I
> imagine for those that practice external qigong healing, as well, it
> is not uncommon for the hands to warm up considerably during a
> session, and this is quite natural and not an indication of an
> imbalance in the practitioner.

I could not agree more.

There is a vast difference between a warmth from a Reikim Qigong, or HUNA
healing session; and a burning sensation caused by a blocked meridian.

Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.

Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery.
Click the link to read my HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101