Re: Time to bomb Iran?

Donald Gillies

Guest
Jew Lieberman is one of many Israeli-Americans who believe that any
time we whack a middle-eastern country - and enemy of Israel - life is
good. The goal of this radical faction is to get the USA sucked into
the middle of a 10,000-year old mid-east religious conflict.

When that happens, this country ends. We are above religion. They
want to bring us down to their level. Don't end this country.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

Donald Gillies wrote:
> Jew Lieberman is one of many Israeli-Americans who believe that any
> time we whack a middle-eastern country - and enemy of Israel - life is
> good. The goal of this radical faction is to get the USA sucked into
> the middle of a 10,000-year old mid-east religious conflict.
>
> When that happens, this country ends. We are above religion. They
> want to bring us down to their level. Don't end this country.

Calling people names like "Jew Lieberman" will end this country soon enough.

Get a clue.

On Jun 12, 12:46 pm, [email protected] (Donald Gillies) wrote:
> Jew Lieberman is one of many Israeli-Americans who believe that any
> time we whack a middle-eastern country - and enemy of Israel - life is
> good. The goal of this radical faction is to get the USA sucked into
> the middle of a 10,000-year old mid-east religious conflict.
>
> When that happens, this country ends. We are above religion. They
> want to bring us down to their level. Don't end this country.
>
> - Don Gillies
> San Diego, CA

Actually, Jews and Arabs got along reasonably well for several hundred
years. In fact, Arabs used to welcome Jews into Spain and into north
Africa and the middle east since Paul invented Christianity. The
current Jewish Arab conflict dates to the late 1800 hundreds with the
invention of Zionism, essentially a modern concept.

Jew Andres (who thinks that Jew Joseph is screwed in the head)

On 12 Jun 2007 11:46:56 -0700, [email protected] (Donald Gillies)
wrote:

>Jew Lieberman is one of many Israeli-Americans who believe that any
>time we whack a middle-eastern country - and enemy of Israel - life is
>good. The goal of this radical faction is to get the USA sucked into
>the middle of a 10,000-year old mid-east religious conflict.
>
>When that happens, this country ends. We are above religion. They
>want to bring us down to their level. Don't end this country.
>
>- Don Gillies
>San Diego, CA

Don,

Did you write this post? Or is someone spoofing your email address?

Carl Fogel

[email protected] writes:

>On 12 Jun 2007 11:46:56 -0700, [email protected] (Donald Gillies)
>wrote:

>>Jew Lieberman is one of many Israeli-Americans who believe that any
>>time we whack a middle-eastern country - and enemy of Israel - life is
>>good. The goal of this radical faction is to get the USA sucked into
>>the middle of a 10,000-year old mid-east religious conflict.
>>
>>When that happens, this country ends. We are above religion. They
>>want to bring us down to their level. Don't end this country.
>>
>>- Don Gillies
>>San Diego, CA

>Don,

>Did you write this post? Or is someone spoofing your email address?

>Carl Fogel

Nobody is spoofing my email address, HOWEVER, I will say that my
concept of Israeli-Americans and their attitude towards america is
shaped by discussions with several close jewish friends of mine. And
I did not use the phrase "Jew Lieberman" to offend anyone, and
apologize if anyone was offended by that.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

On Jun 12, 5:18 pm, [email protected] (Donald Gillies) wrote:
> [email protected] writes:
> >On 12 Jun 2007 11:46:56 -0700, [email protected] (Donald Gillies)
> >wrote:
> >>Jew Lieberman is one of many Israeli-Americans who believe that any
> >>time we whack a middle-eastern country - and enemy of Israel - life is
> >>good. The goal of this radical faction is to get the USA sucked into
> >>the middle of a 10,000-year old mid-east religious conflict.

> >>When that happens, this country ends. We are above religion. They
> >>want to bring us down to their level. Don't end this country.

> >>- Don Gillies
> >>San Diego, CA

> >Don,
> >Did you write this post? Or is someone spoofing your email address?
> >Carl Fogel

> Nobody is spoofing my email address, HOWEVER, I will say that my
> concept of Israeli-Americans and their attitude towards america is
> shaped by discussions with several close jewish friends of mine. And
> I did not use the phrase "Jew Lieberman" to offend anyone, and
> apologize if anyone was offended by that.

Don,

I quite agree with the point you are making regarding Lieberman's
politics and policies. However, I must say that terms such as "Jew
Lieberman" can easily lead to charges of anti-semitism, making it easy
for some to dismiss your comments.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Donald Gillies) wrote:

> Jew Lieberman is one of many Israeli-Americans who believe that any
> time we whack a middle-eastern country - and enemy of Israel - life
> is good. The goal of this radical faction is to get the USA sucked
> into the middle of a 10,000-year old mid-east religious conflict.

Pretty good trick considering the world was created on October 23, 4404
BC (well, there seems to be some disagreement on the precise date).

However, tongue taken back out of cheek, given that Jewish history does
not stretch back much more than 5,000 years and that Islam came into
existence around 632 AD, the notion of a 10,000 year conflict is not
credible.

Lieberman has shown himself time and time again to be lacking in
judgment. This is just another example.

> When that happens, this country ends. We are above religion. They
> want to bring us down to their level. Don't end this country.

The fate of democracy always hangs in the balance of an informed and
participating electorate. An ignorant electorate begets an ignorant
government, which is what truly imperils freedom and democracy.

And in case you hadn't noticed, we have more than enough wild eyed
religious radicals in the US to worry about. There is a significant
cult of prophecy-driven Christians working hard to foment conflict
between Israel and the Palestinians in hopes of bringing about the end
of the world.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Donald Gillies wrote:
> > Jew Lieberman is one of many Israeli-Americans who believe that any
> > time we whack a middle-eastern country - and enemy of Israel - life
> > is good. The goal of this radical faction is to get the USA sucked
> > into the middle of a 10,000-year old mid-east religious conflict.
> >
> > When that happens, this country ends. We are above religion. They
> > want to bring us down to their level. Don't end this country.

> Calling people names like "Jew Lieberman" will end this country soon
> enough.
>
> Get a clue.

Yup. Liebberman's a twit but that's no reason to be rude about him.

On Jun 12, 1:10 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 12, 12:46 pm, [email protected] (Donald Gillies) wrote:
>
> > Jew Lieberman is one of many Israeli-Americans who believe that any
> > time we whack a middle-eastern country - and enemy of Israel - life is
> > good. The goal of this radical faction is to get the USA sucked into
> > the middle of a 10,000-year old mid-east religious conflict.

> > When that happens, this country ends. We are above religion. They
> > want to bring us down to their level. Don't end this country.

> > - Don Gillies
> > San Diego, CA

> Actually, Jews and Arabs got along reasonably well for several hundred
> years. In fact, Arabs used to welcome Jews into Spain and into north
> Africa and the middle east since Paul invented Christianity. The
> current Jewish Arab conflict dates to the late 1800 hundreds with the
> invention of Zionism, essentially a modern concept.
>
> Jew Andres (who thinks that Jew Joseph is screwed in the head)

Jew Neil happens to agree with Jew on this one.

On Jun 12, 5:18 pm, Donald Gillies wrote:
> "Dear Carl" writes:
> >On 12 Jun 2007 11:46:56 -0700, Donald Gillies wrote:
> >>Jew Lieberman is one of many Israeli-Americans who believe that any
> >>time we whack a middle-eastern country - and enemy of Israel - life is
> >>good. The goal of this radical faction is to get the USA sucked into
> >>the middle of a 10,000-year old mid-east religious conflict.

> >>When that happens, this country ends. We are above religion. They
> >>want to bring us down to their level. Don't end this country.

> >>- Don Gillies
> >>San Diego, CA

> >Don,
> >Did you write this post? Or is someone spoofing your email address?
> >Carl Fogel

> Nobody is spoofing my email address, HOWEVER, I will say that my
> concept of Israeli-Americans and their attitude towards america is
> shaped by discussions with several close jewish friends of mine....

So which country is their REAL loyalty to?

On Jun 12, 6:20 pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>
> > Donald Gillies wrote:
> > > Jew Lieberman is one of many Israeli-Americans who believe that any
> > > time we whack a middle-eastern country - and enemy of Israel - life
> > > is good. The goal of this radical faction is to get the USA sucked
> > > into the middle of a 10,000-year old mid-east religious conflict.

> > > When that happens, this country ends. We are above religion. They
> > > want to bring us down to their level. Don't end this country.

> > Calling people names like "Jew Lieberman" will end this country soon
> > enough.

> > Get a clue.

> Yup. Liebberman's a twit but that's no reason to be rude about him.

There are plenty of reasons to be rude about Joseph "I Love Bush"
Lieberman, but his ethnicity is not one of them.

On Jun 12, 4:05 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On 12 Jun 2007 11:46:56 -0700, [email protected] (Donald Gillies)
> wrote:
>
> >Jew Lieberman is one of many Israeli-Americans who believe that any
> >time we whack a middle-eastern country - and enemy of Israel - life is
> >good. The goal of this radical faction is to get the USA sucked into
> >the middle of a 10,000-year old mid-east religious conflict.

> >When that happens, this country ends. We are above religion. They
> >want to bring us down to their level. Don't end this country.

> >- Don Gillies
> >San Diego, CA

> Don,
>
> Did you write this post? Or is someone spoofing your email address?
>
> Carl Fogel

Carl:

As a Jew I didn't take offense with Don's post. Even though I can see
that it can be construed as anti-jewish (which of course is not the
same as antisemitic). As you and Don know, not all Jews think the way
Lieberman and other prominent American Jews think. There are thousands
of Jewish members of peace movements all over the world, including
Israel, who consider the actions of the US in the middle east as
atrocious. So, in a sense, our friend Bill is right in his critisizing
the assocaition of Lieberman with Jew, since Joseph doesn't in any way
represents all Jews. May be we should refer to him as IPAC Lieberman.

In Israel, there are women, who are members of the peace movement that
organize caravans into occupied territories to take supplies of food,
medicine, etc. They ran the Israeli manned barriers. When the return,
they get arrested and they meet in jail to plan their next trip, while
their lawyers get them free. There are also Jewish women who have lost
relatives during the war that meet with Palestinian women who also
lost relatives to talk about their losses and about the possibility of
building a future together. All this while IPAC Lieberman tries to
create more hatred in the middle east.

Andres

Andres

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:39:20 -0700, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Jun 12, 4:05 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>> On 12 Jun 2007 11:46:56 -0700, [email protected] (Donald Gillies)
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Jew Lieberman is one of many Israeli-Americans who believe that any
>> >time we whack a middle-eastern country - and enemy of Israel - life is
>> >good. The goal of this radical faction is to get the USA sucked into
>> >the middle of a 10,000-year old mid-east religious conflict.

>> >When that happens, this country ends. We are above religion. They
>> >want to bring us down to their level. Don't end this country.

>> >- Don Gillies
>> >San Diego, CA

>> Don,
>>
>> Did you write this post? Or is someone spoofing your email address?
>>
>> Carl Fogel

>Carl:
>
>As a Jew I didn't take offense with Don's post. Even though I can see
>that it can be construed as anti-jewish (which of course is not the
>same as antisemitic).

[snip]

>Andres

Dear Andres,

I think that calling Senator Joe Lieberman Jew Lieberman speaks for
itself.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:19:42 -0500, Tim McNamara
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The fate of democracy always hangs in the balance of an informed and
>participating electorate. An ignorant electorate begets an ignorant
>government, which is what truly imperils freedom and democracy.

Oh, oh, we're flucked!

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:10:47 -0700, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Actually, Jews and Arabs got along reasonably well for several hundred
>years. In fact, Arabs used to welcome Jews into Spain and into north
>Africa and the middle east since Paul invented Christianity.

Oh, I dunno... there was that whole thing starting around 1000AD with
the crusades. The Arabs seemed pretty ****** off at anything non-arab
around then :)

>The
>current Jewish Arab conflict dates to the late 1800 hundreds with the
>invention of Zionism, essentially a modern concept.

Most Arabs I know it actually date it to 1946 and British moves to
create a Jewish state.

When you're happy and you know it, bomb Iran
If you cannot find Osama, bomb Iran.
If the terrorists are frisky, Pakistan is looking
shifty,
North Korea is too risky,
Bomb Iran.

If we have no allies with us, bomb Iran.
If we think someone has dissed us, bomb Iran.
So to hell with the inspections, Let's look tough
for the elections,
Close your mind and take directions,
Bomb Iran.

It's "preemptive nonaggression", bomb Iran.
Let's prevent this mass destruction, bomb Iran.
They've got weapons we can't see, And that's good
enough for me,
'Cos it's all the proof I need,
Bomb Iran.

If you never were elected, bomb Iran.
And your buddy's name is Joseph Lieberman.
One great thing about Tehran,
Is it's close to Pakistan.
Bomb Iran, bomb Iran, Bomb Iran.

If your corporate fraud is growin', bomb Iran.
If your ties to it are showin', bomb Iran.
If your politics are sleazy, And hiding that ain't
easy,
And your manhood's getting queasy,
Bomb Iran.

Fall in line and follow orders, bomb Iran.
For our might knows not our borders, bomb Iran.
Disagree? We'll call it treason, Let's make war not
love this season,
Even if we have no reason,
Bomb Iran.

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 05:24:23 -0000, [email protected] wrote:

>When you're happy and you know it, bomb Iran
>If you cannot find Osama, bomb Iran.
>If the terrorists are frisky, Pakistan is looking
>shifty,
>North Korea is too risky,
>Bomb Iran.

[rest snipped]

Funny and scarily accurate too.
--
JT
****************************

On Jun 12, 9:56 pm, still me <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:10:47 -0700, "[email protected]"
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Actually, Jews and Arabs got along reasonably well for several hundred
> >years. In fact, Arabs used to welcome Jews into Spain and into north
> >Africa and the middle east since Paul invented Christianity.

> Oh, I dunno... there was that whole thing starting around 1000AD with
> the crusades. The Arabs seemed pretty ****** off at anything non-arab
> around then :)

The Arabs where pretty ****** at the Christians. By enlarge, Jews were
not involved in the crusades. Jews were prosecuted but Christians all
over Europe just like the Arabs were.
> >The
> >current Jewish Arab conflict dates to the late 1800 hundreds with the
> >invention of Zionism, essentially a modern concept.

> Most Arabs I know it actually date it to 1946 and British moves to
> create a Jewish state.

The Zionist movement starts in around 1890s when Palestine was
controlled by the Turks. Jews in Europe decide that the living
conditions in Europe where not hospitable to them and start looking
to a potential place to go live. Palestine was one of those potential
places because there were Jews already living there and because that
was where they originally come from. There are other proposals that
emerge in the early 1900s for Jews to go live in Argentina and in
Kenya. Palestinians who also want to gain freedom, first from Turkey
and then from the Brits, see the Jews trying to establish themselves
in Palestine as challenging their potential independence. So, a low
level conflict between Jews and Arabs emerges then. Until then, Jews
have lived along with Arabs in Palestine and all over the middle east
in peace. These were mostly Arab Jews that had lived in the middle
east all along, and Sephardic Jews that had gone back to the middle
east after Spain kicked them out. Zionism is essentially an Azkenaz or
Northern/Eastern European movement. Anyways, the conflict between Jews
and Arabs escalates since the 1900's until, as you said, 1947, when
the **** hits the fan.

Andres

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:49:11 -0700, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Jun 12, 6:20 pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Bill Sornson wrote:

>> > Calling people names like "Jew Lieberman" will end this country soon
>> > enough.

>> > Get a clue.

>> Yup. Liebberman's a twit but that's no reason to be rude about him.

>There are plenty of reasons to be rude about Joseph "I Love Bush"
>Lieberman, but his ethnicity is not one of them.

Quite correct, I'm Jewish and think that Lieberman is a fascist. He's
the senator from Likud and worse, a true neocon. The really sad part
is that bombing Iran will likely result in the destruction of Israel.