Re: Time to bomb Iran?

Donald Gillies

Guest
Bill <[email protected]> writes:

>This war is not going away unless we make all the Muslim/Islamics go
>away, and a few big booms from air burst H-bombs will make little
>radiation, but lots of glass we can make things from.
>Suicide that, fanatical Islamics.
>
>Bill Baka

This war is going away exactly 1 year, 7 months, 5 days, and 12
minutes from now, roughly 10 seconds after we swear in a new president
and kick the current fascists from office, forever.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA, USA

Donald Gillies wrote:
> Bill <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> This war is not going away unless we make all the Muslim/Islamics go
>> away, and a few big booms from air burst H-bombs will make little
>> radiation, but lots of glass we can make things from.
>> Suicide that, fanatical Islamics.
>>
>> Bill Baka

> This war is going away exactly 1 year, 7 months, 5 days, and 12
> minutes from now, roughly 10 seconds after we swear in a new president
> and kick the current fascists from office, forever.
>
> - Don Gillies
> San Diego, CA, USA

Not only do I agree with you, I just hope it happens. Bush's war is even
getting bad vibes from the few Republicans I do admit to knowing. One
guy who served in Viet Nam and got sick of politics from that one says
we should either blow them to Hell or get out and let them kill each
other, and we know they will.
I'll even bet that oil prices would come down as soon as we got out of
there. I think the oil prices are the other countries way of saying we
are not wanted.
Bill Baka

On 15 Jun 2007 15:32:51 -0700, [email protected] (Donald Gillies)
wrote:

>Bill <[email protected]> writes:
>
>>This war is not going away unless we make all the Muslim/Islamics go
>>away, and a few big booms from air burst H-bombs will make little
>>radiation, but lots of glass we can make things from.
>>Suicide that, fanatical Islamics.
>>
>>Bill Baka

>This war is going away exactly 1 year, 7 months, 5 days, and 12
>minutes from now, roughly 10 seconds after we swear in a new president
>and kick the current fascists from office, forever.

I've read that it'll take almost a year to physically remove that many
troops and their stuff.
--
JT
****************************

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On 15 Jun 2007 15:32:51 -0700, [email protected] (Donald Gillies)
> wrote:
>
>> Bill <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>>> This war is not going away unless we make all the Muslim/Islamics go
>>> away, and a few big booms from air burst H-bombs will make little
>>> radiation, but lots of glass we can make things from.
>>> Suicide that, fanatical Islamics.
>>>
>>> Bill Baka

>> This war is going away exactly 1 year, 7 months, 5 days, and 12
>> minutes from now, roughly 10 seconds after we swear in a new president
>> and kick the current fascists from office, forever.

Dissolve the Repuglican party forever? Great idea but hard to implement.

> I've read that it'll take almost a year to physically remove that many
> troops and their stuff.

It didn't take that long to get them there. After the election we can
send Bush and Cheney and tell them that since they supported the war so
vigorously that they can now prove their manhood.
I wish.
Bush joined (did he really join?) the National Guard to get out of Viet
Nam, yet he sent the National Guard troops to Iraq, thus leaving us, in
a manner, unguarded.
What's pathetically funny to me is the new Army commercials.
You made them strong, we'll make them Army strong.
BTW, "We will send them home in a body bag, probably made in China."
Something is wrong here, but impeaching Bush would put OMG, Cheney in
command.
Bill (Political science in college did NOT prepare me for this) Baka

On Jun 15, 5:32 pm, Donald Gillies wrote:

> This war is going away exactly 1 year, 7 months, 5 days, and 12
> minutes from now, roughly 10 seconds after we swear in a new president
> and kick the current fascists from office, forever.

If there is a national "emergency", will there be a 2008 election?

Johnny Sunset wrote:
> On Jun 15, 5:32 pm, Donald Gillies wrote:
>> This war is going away exactly 1 year, 7 months, 5 days, and 12
>> minutes from now, roughly 10 seconds after we swear in a new president
>> and kick the current fascists from office, forever.

> If there is a national "emergency", will there be a 2008 election?

Don't laugh. It could happen. I think somewhere in the Constitution
there is a war powers act that states the sitting president can cancel
elections during a 'war'. Bush might call this a war and do something
stupid like declare himself president until the "War on American
Liberties, (err, terror)" is won, which would be never.
That is one scary thought.
Bill Baka

> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

"Johnny Sunset" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Jun 15, 5:32 pm, Donald Gillies wrote:
>>
>> This war is going away exactly 1 year, 7 months, 5 days, and 12
>> minutes from now, roughly 10 seconds after we swear in a new president
>> and kick the current fascists from office, forever.

> If there is a national "emergency", will there be a 2008 election?

Sorry, but that scenario has already been used:

http://wired-vig.wired.com/politics/law/news/1999/07/20751

Try to be a little more creative. 8)

ChuckD

Johnny Sunset wrote:
> On Jun 15, 5:32 pm, Donald Gillies wrote:
>> This war is going away exactly 1 year, 7 months, 5 days, and 12
>> minutes from now, roughly 10 seconds after we swear in a new president
>> and kick the current fascists from office, forever.

> If there is a national "emergency", will there be a 2008 election?

In my worst nightmare, I imagine W being assassinated (or maybe even
"assassinated") hours before the election and Cheney declaring said
emergency. I'd like to think "it couldn't happen in America," but
lately I'm far from certain.

Mark J.

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:14:52 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:

>Johnny Sunset wrote:
>> On Jun 15, 5:32 pm, Donald Gillies wrote:
>>> This war is going away exactly 1 year, 7 months, 5 days, and 12
>>> minutes from now, roughly 10 seconds after we swear in a new president
>>> and kick the current fascists from office, forever.

>> If there is a national "emergency", will there be a 2008 election?

>Don't laugh. It could happen. I think somewhere in the Constitution
>there is a war powers act that states the sitting president can cancel
>elections during a 'war'. Bush might call this a war and do something
>stupid like declare himself president until the "War on American
>Liberties, (err, terror)" is won, which would be never.
>That is one scary thought.
>Bill Baka

The suspension of an election "somewhere in the Constitution?" Total
and absolute ****.

On Jun 15, 9:37 pm, Chuck Davis wrote:
> Johnny Sunset wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > On Jun 15, 5:32 pm, Donald Gillies wrote:

> >> This war is going away exactly 1 year, 7 months, 5 days, and 12
> >> minutes from now, roughly 10 seconds after we swear in a new president
> >> and kick the current fascists from office, forever.

> > If there is a national "emergency", will there be a 2008 election?

> Sorry, but that scenario has already been used:

Yep, Reichstag Fire, and those little incidents that followed that
killed 50+ million people?

> http://wired-vig.wired.com/politics/law/news/1999/07/20751
>
> Try to be a little more creative. 8)

WTF does being creative have do to with anything, when there are
plenty of historical precedents?

Quotes by George W. Bush:

"You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot
easier." (Governing Magazine 7/98)

"I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't
agree with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it
would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the
dictator." (CNN.com, December 18, 2000)

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question
about it" (Business Week, July 30, 2001)

"The real danger is whenever we start talking with our enemies, we may
discover potential areas of compromise or even agreement." - Joe
Conason

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 05:02:08 -0700, Johnny Sunset
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Jun 15, 9:37 pm, Chuck Davis wrote:
>> Johnny Sunset wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > If there is a national "emergency", will there be a 2008 election?

>> Sorry, but that scenario has already been used:

>Yep, Reichstag Fire, and those little incidents that followed that
>killed 50+ million people?
>
>> http://wired-vig.wired.com/politics/law/news/1999/07/20751
>>
>> Try to be a little more creative. 8)

>WTF does being creative have do to with anything, when there are
>plenty of historical precedents?
>
>Quotes by George W. Bush:
>
>"You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot
>easier." (Governing Magazine 7/98)
>
>"I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't
>agree with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it
>would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the
>dictator." (CNN.com, December 18, 2000)
>
>"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question
>about it" (Business Week, July 30, 2001)

I'm guessing that every one of these quotes does not convey the true
context. Convenient for the easily misguided, though.

On Jun 16, 7:48 am, R Brickston wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 05:02:08 -0700, Johnny Sunset wrote:
> >On Jun 15, 9:37 pm, Chuck Davis wrote:
> >> Johnny Sunset wrote in message

> >>news:[email protected]...

> >> Sorry, but that scenario has already been used:

> >Yep, Reichstag Fire, and those little incidents that followed that
> >killed 50+ million people?

> >>http://wired-vig.wired.com/politics/law/news/1999/07/20751

> >> Try to be a little more creative. 8)

> >WTF does being creative have do to with anything, when there are
> >plenty of historical precedents?

> >Quotes by George W. Bush:

> >"You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot
> >easier." (Governing Magazine 7/98)

> >"I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't
> >agree with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it
> >would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the
> >dictator." (CNN.com, December 18, 2000)

> >"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question
> >about it" (Business Week, July 30, 2001)

> I'm guessing that every one of these quotes does not convey the true
> context. Convenient for the easily misguided, though.

The quotes are totally inappropriate considering the source, even if
meant to be humor.

"The real danger is whenever we start talking with our enemies, we may
discover potential areas of compromise or even agreement." - Joe
Conason

"Johnny Sunset" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Yep, Reichstag Fire, and those little incidents that followed that
> killed 50+ million people?

So, you're saying that, not only are George Bush et al, guilty of any number
of crimes in the PAST, they're now guilty of any number of crimes in the
FUTURE - crimes having no requirement for definition other than your fertile
imagination?

BTW - Nice way to sidestep Godwin's Law.

ChuckD

On Jun 16, 3:59 pm, Chuck Davis wrote:
> Johnny Sunset wrote in message

> > Yep, Reichstag Fire, and those little incidents that followed that
> > killed 50+ million people?

> So, you're saying that, not only are George Bush et al, guilty of any number
> of crimes in the PAST, they're now guilty of any number of crimes in the
> FUTURE - crimes having no requirement for definition other than your fertile
> imagination?

No, and it is a sleazy debating tactic to say so.

Let us look at past behavior. The administration was asleep at the
wheel, and let September 11, 2001 happen. They managed to spin that
into Bush being a great leader, then followed up by violating the
"supremacy clause" of the US Constitution by launching an aggressive
war of conquest, implementing an illegal surveillance program of US
citizens, violating the habeas corpus rights of US citizens, and
claiming rights for the executive branch far beyond those allotted by
the US Constitution.

Is it such a stretch to imagine the POSSIBILITY of such people doing
whatever it takes to hold onto power?

> BTW - Nice way to sidestep Godwin's Law.

Godwin's Law involves INAPPROPRIATE comparisons to ****** and/or
Nazis.

The Nazi's used the Reichstag Fire to increase their political power.

The Cheney/Bush administration used 9/11/2001 to increase their
political power.

How is the comparison inappropriate?

"The real danger is whenever we start talking with our enemies, we may
discover potential areas of compromise or even agreement." - Joe
Conason

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:33:01 -0700, Johnny Sunset
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Jun 16, 3:59 pm, Chuck Davis wrote:
>> Johnny Sunset wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > Yep, Reichstag Fire, and those little incidents that followed that
>> > killed 50+ million people?

>> BTW - Nice way to sidestep Godwin's Law.

>Godwin's Law involves INAPPROPRIATE comparisons to ****** and/or
>Nazis.
>
>The Nazi's used the Reichstag Fire to increase their political power.
>
>The Cheney/Bush administration used 9/11/2001 to increase their
>political power.
>
>How is the comparison inappropriate?

Totally inappropriate because the power ****** seized that very night
and in the successive days, could not be remotely, even in someone's
wildest imagination, compared to any action Bush, or in fact, *any*
President of the United States has ever taken.

On Jun 16, 5:17 pm, R Brickston wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:33:01 -0700, Johnny Sunset wrote:
> >On Jun 16, 3:59 pm, Chuck Davis wrote:
> >> Johnny Sunset wrote in message

> >>news:[email protected]...

> >> BTW - Nice way to sidestep Godwin's Law.

> >Godwin's Law involves INAPPROPRIATE comparisons to ****** and/or
> >Nazis.

> >The Nazi's used the Reichstag Fire to increase their political power.

> >The Cheney/Bush administration used 9/11/2001 to increase their
> >political power.

> >How is the comparison inappropriate?

> Totally inappropriate because the power ****** seized that very night
> and in the successive days, could not be remotely, even in someone's
> wildest imagination, compared to any action Bush, or in fact, *any*
> President of the United States has ever taken.

Aggressive invasion of a sovereign nation is a common action. If you
believe Iraq was attacking or about to attack the US in 2003, you are
truly delusional.

Rationality, as the primary cognitive system for comprehending our
world, has been rejected in favor of unyielding dogmatic belief. -
David Michael Green

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:45:07 -0700, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Jun 16, 5:17 pm, R Brickston wrote:

>> >Godwin's Law involves INAPPROPRIATE comparisons to ****** and/or
>> >Nazis.

>> >The Nazi's used the Reichstag Fire to increase their political power.

>> >The Cheney/Bush administration used 9/11/2001 to increase their
>> >political power.

>> >How is the comparison inappropriate?

>> Totally inappropriate because the power ****** seized that very night
>> and in the successive days, could not be remotely, even in someone's
>> wildest imagination, compared to any action Bush, or in fact, *any*
>> President of the United States has ever taken.

>Aggressive invasion of a sovereign nation is a common action. If you
>believe Iraq was attacking or about to attack the US in 2003, you are
>truly delusional.

Clarify you statement as to my rebuttal above, I have no idea what
comparison you are making.

R Brickston wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:45:07 -0700, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Totally inappropriate because the power ****** seized that very
>>> night and in the successive days, could not be remotely, even in
>>> someone's wildest imagination, compared to any action Bush, or in
>>> fact, *any* President of the United States has ever taken.

>> Aggressive invasion of a sovereign nation is a common action. If you
>> believe Iraq was attacking or about to attack the US in 2003, you are
>> truly delusional.

> Clarify you statement as to my rebuttal above, I have no idea what
> comparison you are making.

Neither does he. HTH!

"Johnny Sunset" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Jun 16, 3:59 pm, Chuck Davis wrote:
>>
>> So, you're saying that, not only are George Bush et al, guilty of any
>> number
>> of crimes in the PAST, they're now guilty of any number of crimes in the
>> FUTURE - crimes having no requirement for definition other than your
>> fertile
>> imagination?

> No, and it is a sleazy debating tactic to say so.

I didn't know that we were debating. Anyway, YOUR comment is the sleazy
debating tactic. Prefacing your reply by calling my valid, albeit mildly
rhetorical question sleazy is sleazy in itself.

> Let us look at past behavior. The administration was asleep at the

The point in my original post is that there were people accusing Clinton of
planning to use Y2K as his Reichstag Fire. Someone accusing an
administration they don't like of planning and coniving to maintain power is
nothing new - and none of the accusers have ever apologized for their
comments after there was an orderly transition to the next administration.

Regardless, let's assume that what you say is true. Let's say that there's
planning and scheming going on right now in the current administration in
preparation for this takeover. What is your purpose in posting your
speculation? Do you have a proposal to implement that will stop this
"Reichstag Fire" from happening? Are you trying to garner support for your
preventative measures?

> Godwin's Law involves INAPPROPRIATE comparisons to ****** and/or
> Nazis.

Godwin's Law : "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a
comparison involving Nazis or ****** approaches one." Nothing there about
appropriateness. We've now reached "one".

> The Nazi's used the Reichstag Fire to increase their political power.
>
> The Cheney/Bush administration used 9/11/2001 to increase their
> political power.
>
> How is the comparison inappropriate?

The comparison feeds your imagination and makes George Bush et al guilty by
default of any and everything you conclude will/could happen with no need
for evidence that it actually happened.....because it's in the FUTURE. If
it's important to denigrate the Bush administration, the PAST should be
plenty enough for you to work with.

ChuckD

On Jun 16, 10:10 pm, Chuck Davis wrote:
> Johnny Sunset wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > On Jun 16, 3:59 pm, Chuck Davis wrote:

> >> So, you're saying that, not only are George Bush et al, guilty of any
> >> number
> >> of crimes in the PAST, they're now guilty of any number of crimes in the
> >> FUTURE - crimes having no requirement for definition other than your
> >> fertile
> >> imagination?

> > No, and it is a sleazy debating tactic to say so.

> I didn't know that we were debating. Anyway, YOUR comment is the sleazy
> debating tactic. Prefacing your reply by calling my valid, albeit mildly
> rhetorical question sleazy is sleazy in itself.

[YAWN]

> > Let us look at past behavior. The administration was asleep at the

> The point in my original post is that there were people accusing Clinton of
> planning to use Y2K as his Reichstag Fire. Someone accusing an
> administration they don't like of planning and coniving to maintain power is
> nothing new - and none of the accusers have ever apologized for their
> comments after there was an orderly transition to the next administration.
>
> Regardless, let's assume that what you say is true. Let's say that there's
> planning and scheming going on right now in the current administration in
> preparation for this takeover. What is your purpose in posting your
> speculation? Do you have a proposal to implement that will stop this
> "Reichstag Fire" from happening? Are you trying to garner support for your
> preventative measures?

Mostly I post things like this because it annoys those who pretend to
be in the moral right, but at some level know they are not. This is
Usenet, after all.

> > Godwin's Law involves INAPPROPRIATE comparisons to ****** and/or
> > Nazis.

> Godwin's Law : "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a
> comparison involving Nazis or ****** approaches one." Nothing there about
> appropriateness. We've now reached "one".

Look up the discussions on Godwin's Law, and you will see
appropriateness mentioned.

> > The Nazi's used the Reichstag Fire to increase their political power.

> > The Cheney/Bush administration used 9/11/2001 to increase their
> > political power.

> > How is the comparison inappropriate?

> The comparison feeds your imagination and makes George Bush et al guilty by
> default of any and everything you conclude will/could happen with no need
> for evidence that it actually happened.....because it's in the FUTURE. If
> it's important to denigrate the Bush administration, the PAST should be
> plenty enough for you to work with.

September 11, 2001 is in the future??? Wow!!!

The PATRIOT ACT is in the future? The violation of habeas corpus for
United States citizens Jose Padilla and Yasar Hamdi is in the future?
The US invasion of Iraq is in the future? The Military Commissions Act
of 2006 is in the future? Recording the phone calls of United States
citizens by the NSA without warrants is in the future? Bush declaring
that he can interpret laws passed by Congress in signing statements is
in the future? The approval of torture is in the future?

The comparison was based on past behavior, but someone was too quick
in trying to score cheap Usenet points.