Re: Time to bomb Iran?

Johnny Sunset wrote:
> On Jun 15, 9:37 pm, Chuck Davis wrote:
> > Johnny Sunset wrote in message
> >
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > If there is a national "emergency", will there be a 2008 election?

> > Sorry, but that scenario has already been used:

> Yep, Reichstag Fire, and those little incidents that followed that
> killed 50+ million people?
>
> > http://wired-vig.wired.com/politics/law/news/1999/07/20751
> >
> > Try to be a little more creative. 8)

> WTF does being creative have do to with anything, when there are
> plenty of historical precedents?
>
> Quotes by George W. Bush:
>
> "You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot
> easier." (Governing Magazine 7/98)
>
> "I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't
> agree with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it
> would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the
> dictator." (CNN.com, December 18, 2000)
>
> "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question
> about it" (Business Week, July 30, 2001)
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> "The real danger is whenever we start talking with our enemies, we may
> discover potential areas of compromise or even agreement." - Joe
> Conason

2008 is the national emergency !
Johnny Sunset wrote:
> On Jun 15, 9:37 pm, Chuck Davis wrote:
> > Johnny Sunset wrote in message
> >
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > If there is a national "emergency", will there be a 2008 election?

> > Sorry, but that scenario has already been used:

> Yep, Reichstag Fire, and those little incidents that followed that
> killed 50+ million people?
>
> > http://wired-vig.wired.com/politics/law/news/1999/07/20751
> >
> > Try to be a little more creative. 8)

> WTF does being creative have do to with anything, when there are
> plenty of historical precedents?
>
> Quotes by George W. Bush:
>
> "You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot
> easier." (Governing Magazine 7/98)
>
> "I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't
> agree with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it
> would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the
> dictator." (CNN.com, December 18, 2000)
>
> "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question
> about it" (Business Week, July 30, 2001)
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> "The real danger is whenever we start talking with our enemies, we may
> discover potential areas of compromise or even agreement." - Joe
> Conason

>>> Totally inappropriate because the power ****** seized that very night
>>> and in the successive days, could not be remotely, even in someone's
>>> wildest imagination, compared to any action Bush, or in fact, *any*
>>> President of the United States has ever taken.

>Aggressive invasion of a sovereign nation is a common action. If you
>believe Iraq was attacking or about to attack the US in 2003, you are
>truly delusional.

Clarify you statement as to my rebuttal above, I have no idea what
comparison you are making.

On Jun 17, 6:54 am, R Brickston wrote:

> >Aggressive invasion of a sovereign nation is a common action. If you
> >believe Iraq was attacking or about to attack the US in 2003, you are
> >truly delusional.

> Clarify you statement as to my rebuttal above, I have no idea what
> comparison you are making.

Reading comprehension problem, eh?

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 05:51:07 -0700, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> >Aggressive invasion of a sovereign nation is a common action. If you
>> >believe Iraq was attacking or about to attack the US in 2003, you are
>> >truly delusional.

>> Clarify you statement as to my rebuttal above, I have no idea what
>> comparison you are making.

>Reading comprehension problem, eh?

Bad writing always presents a comprehension problem. For example:

"Aggressive invasion of a sovereign nation is a common action." Arfe
Do you mean generally or more specifically WWII? Or is the statement
meant to be sarcastic?

On Jun 17, 8:08 am, R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 05:51:07 -0700, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Clarify you statement as to my rebuttal above, I have no idea what
> >> comparison you are making.

> >Reading comprehension problem, eh?

> Bad writing always presents a comprehension problem. For example:
>
> "Aggressive invasion of a sovereign nation is a common action." Arfe
> Do you mean generally or more specifically WWII? Or is the statement
> meant to be sarcastic?

It is an action in common between Germany under ****** (several
Eurasian countries) and the US under Bush II (Iraq).

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 06:42:14 -0700, Johnny Sunset
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Jun 17, 8:08 am, R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 05:51:07 -0700, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
>>

>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >Reading comprehension problem, eh?

>> Bad writing always presents a comprehension problem. For example:
>>
>> "Aggressive invasion of a sovereign nation is a common action." Arfe
>> Do you mean generally or more specifically WWII? Or is the statement
>> meant to be sarcastic?

>It is an action in common between Germany under ****** (several
>Eurasian countries) and the US under Bush II (Iraq).

The subject is the Reichstag Fire and actions by ****** and 9-11 and
actions by Bush and wether the comparison is applicable.

Rather than labor at putting this in my own words, haviong read the
excellent treatise on the subject in John Toland's Adolph ******, I'll
simply quote Wickipedia:

The day after the Reichstag Fire "****** forced President Hindenburg
to pass an 'emergency decree' suspending all articles that guaranteed
freedom and liberty. ******'s police were then allowed to seize
property and take people without any sort of trial. The death penalty
was introduced again for many crimes and concentration camps were set
up. The Nazis' twelve year terror over their opponents had started."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_Fire

Your comparison of ******'s Reichstag Fire actions to Bush and 9-11 is
ill founded beyond the pale and one would think an inappropriate
vehicle to the threads discussion.

On Jun 17, 9:33 am, R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 06:42:14 -0700, Johnny Sunset
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >On Jun 17, 8:08 am, R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:

> >> Bad writing always presents a comprehension problem. For example:

> >> "Aggressive invasion of a sovereign nation is a common action." Arfe
> >> Do you mean generally or more specifically WWII? Or is the statement
> >> meant to be sarcastic?

> >It is an action in common between Germany under ****** (several
> >Eurasian countries) and the US under Bush II (Iraq).

> The subject is the Reichstag Fire and actions by ****** and 9-11 and
> actions by Bush and wether the comparison is applicable.
>
> Rather than labor at putting this in my own words, haviong read the
> excellent treatise on the subject in John Toland's Adolph ******, I'll
> simply quote Wickipedia:
>
> The day after the Reichstag Fire "****** forced President Hindenburg
> to pass an 'emergency decree' suspending all articles that guaranteed
> freedom and liberty. ******'s police were then allowed to seize
> property and take people without any sort of trial. The death penalty
> was introduced again for many crimes and concentration camps were set
> up. The Nazis' twelve year terror over their opponents had started."
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_Fire
>
> Your comparison of ******'s Reichstag Fire actions to Bush and 9-11 is
> ill founded beyond the pale and one would think an inappropriate
> vehicle to the threads discussion.

The United States (by self proclamation) is supposed to set the moral
standard for the rest of the world. Therefore, it is all the more
egregious when the US violates moral norms on due process and torture.

"Americans will terrorize themselves. They will constrict their
precious civil liberties. They will eventually bring their society to
a state that is not recognizable with what it was before September
11th." - Usama bin Laden

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 07:51:28 -0700, Johnny Sunset
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Jun 17, 9:33 am, R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 06:42:14 -0700, Johnny Sunset
>>

>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >It is an action in common between Germany under ****** (several
>> >Eurasian countries) and the US under Bush II (Iraq).

>> The subject is the Reichstag Fire and actions by ****** and 9-11 and
>> actions by Bush and wether the comparison is applicable.
>>
>> Rather than labor at putting this in my own words, haviong read the
>> excellent treatise on the subject in John Toland's Adolph ******, I'll
>> simply quote Wickipedia:
>>
>> The day after the Reichstag Fire "****** forced President Hindenburg
>> to pass an 'emergency decree' suspending all articles that guaranteed
>> freedom and liberty. ******'s police were then allowed to seize
>> property and take people without any sort of trial. The death penalty
>> was introduced again for many crimes and concentration camps were set
>> up. The Nazis' twelve year terror over their opponents had started."
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_Fire
>>
>> Your comparison of ******'s Reichstag Fire actions to Bush and 9-11 is
>> ill founded beyond the pale and one would think an inappropriate
>> vehicle to the threads discussion.

>The United States (by self proclamation) is supposed to set the moral
>standard for the rest of the world. Therefore, it is all the more
>egregious when the US violates moral norms on due process and torture.

Whooosh.....!

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:52:08 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Yes, we should surge to several hundred thousand more troops to Iraq and
>kill however many that need to be killed.

When you turn 18 are you going to enlist?
--
JT
****************************

On Jun 19, 1:58 am, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:52:08 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Yes, we should surge to several hundred thousand more troops to Iraq and
> >kill however many that need to be killed.

> When you turn 18 are you going to enlist?
> --
> JT
> Remove "remove" to reply
> Visithttp://www.jt10000.com

When we say "we", we really don't mean "we". We mean poor kids from
small towns.