Re: Tirreno Razza ?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by crider14, Apr 25, 2004.

  1. crider14

    crider14 Guest

    Cheg wrote:
    > "Luigi de Guzman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:798260dam4-
    > [email protected]ews:798260dam4ca4a6tbgig2ut2ao68rr9pcu-
    > @4ax.com...
    > > On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 05:38:11 GMT, k2
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >"New" line available from Performance. Anyone know the origin of this
    > > >bike line? Can't find much more then what the Performance sales
    > > >brochure claims: "Available for the First Time in The USA!" Okay, so
    > > >if in the USA for the "First Time" then where has it been up until
    > > >now and for how long? Has it been anywhere near Italy? Looks like a
    > > >nice frame, but my suspicious nature wonders if this is a slick
    > > >marketing/packaging scheme by Performance. regards, K2

    > > The only thing Italian about it is the name; frames are Chinese,
    > > I think.
    > >
    > > -Luigi

    > But who could refuse a "highly manipulated" downtube and a "diamond
    > tapered" top tube and "wishbone", "s-bend" carbon stays and 16
    > spoke wheels? Looks like they packed every available gimmick in one
    > $1300 bike.

    So is this a decent bike or not? The 2.0 has Shimano 105 components,
    aluminum frame & carbon fork. How would this compare with, say, a
    similarly priced ($850-$1000) Trek, Specialized, or Bianchi?

  2. David Kerber

    David Kerber Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, usenet-
    [email protected] says...
    > Cheg wrote:
    > > "Luigi de Guzman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:798260dam4-
    > > [email protected]ews:798260dam4ca4a6tbgig2ut2ao68rr9pcu-
    > > @4ax.com...

    > > > The only thing Italian about it is the name; frames are Chinese,
    > > > I think.
    > > >
    > > > -Luigi

    > > But who could refuse a "highly manipulated" downtube and a "diamond
    > > tapered" top tube and "wishbone", "s-bend" carbon stays and 16
    > > spoke wheels? Looks like they packed every available gimmick in one
    > > $1300 bike.

    > So is this a decent bike or not? The 2.0 has Shimano 105 components,
    > aluminum frame & carbon fork. How would this compare with, say, a
    > similarly priced ($850-$1000) Trek, Specialized, or Bianchi?

    If the frame holds up, it looks like a pretty good buy, but nobody here
    seems to have any experience with the bike to be able to comment.

    newsgroups if possible).

  3. gcatlett

    gcatlett Guest

    David Kerber wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, usenet-
    > [email protected] says...
    > > Cheg wrote:
    > > > "Luigi de Guzman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:798260dam4-
    > > > [email protected]ews:798260dam4ca4a6tbgig2ut2ao68rr9pcu-
    > > > [email protected]ews:798260dam4ca4a6tbgig2ut2ao68rr9pcu- @4ax.com...

    > > > But who could refuse a "highly manipulated" downtube and a
    > > > "diamond tapered" top tube and "wishbone", "s- bend" carbon stays
    > > > and 16 spoke wheels? Looks like they packed every available
    > > > gimmick in one $1300 bike.

    > > So is this a decent bike or not? The 2.0 has Shimano 105 components,
    > > aluminum frame & carbon fork. How would this compare with, say, a
    > > similarly priced ($850-$1000) Trek, Specialized, or Bianchi?

    > If the frame holds up, it looks like a pretty good buy, but nobody here
    > seems to have any experience with the bike to be able to comment.
    > --
    > Remove the ns_ from if replying by e-mail (but keep posts in the
    > newsgroups if possible).

    I recently purchased the Razza from Performances' store in
    charlottesville,va and so far so good. It is very responsive and
    aggressive. This is my second road bike. the first was a Bianchi Giro,
    loved it. this Razza seems to be well made and is packed with nice
    componets. i was leary of a house brand bike until I saw it and tried it
    out. for $1300.00, it is a bargain. It climbs very well also.