rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: Today I... (brag thread)

Started by peleschramm · · Last activity · 62 posts · 1,004 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
24 January 2008
Last activity
9 February 2008
Original author
peleschramm
Posts
62
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,004
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–60 of 62
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Oh yeah, i forgot to mention todays unicycling achivements.:o

    well, i landed my first normal treyflip! No more being restricted to 1
    handed in-in, so trey doubles are finally a posibility, doing them 1
    handed in-in is close to impossible...

    ive lost track of what lateflips i could already do... But i think i
    might have a few new ones haha.

    i landed several hick doublebacks on a freestyle uni. I think i can get
    them down a curb on my trials...

    thats just about it i think...

    --
    peleschramm

    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
    unicycle for atheism.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    peleschramm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14077
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Landed 6 unispins, but i realised after this i had a flat tyre... i have
    just pumped it up again now and am hoping its not flat when i get up in
    the morning.
    I AM STOKED AT MY 6 UNISPINS😄

    --
    mill_mobile
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mill_mobile's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14584
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. mill_mobile said:

    Landed 6 unispins, but i realised after this i had a flat tyre... i have
    just pumped it up again now and am hoping its not flat when i get up in
    the morning.
    I AM STOKED AT MY 6 UNISPINS😄

    Yep, bloody hole... theres my weekend job - patching the sucker!

    --
    mill_mobile
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mill_mobile's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14584
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. Started slicing and dicing my TA

    The tire groover was a disappointment🙁

    --
    saskatchewanian
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    saskatchewanian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14180
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  5. ...I hopped on a 83cm ledge 🙂

    Peter M

    --
    Probailer2

    Sponsored by www.municycle.com

    ~o"o~Unicycle for fun~o"o~

    agentQ said:

    by the way, those trophies may be just pixles, but they represent,
    blood, sweat and tears.

    unicycledood said:

    Townsvile is where the powerpuff girls live 🙂


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  6. I landed a couple of unispins with pinned pedals. I didn't think I'd be
    able to flip with them, but I just tried and it was surprisingly easy.
    But I think I'll rip my shoes up if I do them too often, so I'll go
    easy on them.

    I think it's a bit less damaging if you put your bakfoot on the edge of
    the pedal before the flip. It flips faster that way, too.

    I'll experiment with it a bit more tomorrow.

    Edit: I'm sorry, I meant crankflips. Silly me.

    --
    ivan

    Just because you are not suffering from paranoia doesn't mean that they
    are not spying on you.entropy isn't what it used to be.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  7. Made a small clip for the back it up game, as well as a small music clip
    to go with it, but im not quite done with the music yet.

    Editing job wasn't all that good, it was quick..

    The second clips quality kinda sucked cause I was using my crappy
    camera, but its duable i suppose.

    http://www.vimeo.com/672112

    Comments?

    --
    beeper

    Jkohse said:

    you teach me and ill teach you

    Danni said:

    POKEMOOOOOOOON!
    Gotta catch em all.

    hah, that made me laugh 🙄
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    beeper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15159
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  8. beeper said:

    Comments?

    Somewhere in your export setting there should be an option to
    "deinterlace source video" or something to that nature... that should
    clean up those lines in the second clip.

    --
    agentQ

    *)--SmallSpin-'O,*
    *)---TreFlip-'O,
    'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    agentQ's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13021
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  9. made some unicycle plans

    --
    unibikeling

    unibikeling said:


    chrome said:

    Difficult to mount, but a fun ride once you get her going....

    -if only my unicycle was that dirty

    'lol...' (http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com)

    my 'myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/gramwashere)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unibikeling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14752
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  10. ivan said:

    I landed a couple of unispins with pinned pedals. I didn't think I'd be
    able to flip with them, but I just tried and it was surprisingly easy.
    But I think I'll rip my shoes up if I do them too often, so I'll go
    easy on them.

    I think it's a bit less damaging if you put your bakfoot on the edge of
    the pedal before the flip. It flips faster that way, too.

    I'll experiment with it a bit more tomorrow.

    Edit: I'm sorry, I meant crankflips. Silly me.

    I just landed about 10 double flips With pretty heavy (compared to
    plastics), very grippy metal pedals. I do most of my riding with them
    now as its almost always wet. Yea they shread your shoes but nothing
    compares to the grip you get.

    EDIT: Didnt want to burst your bubble, was just sort of saying Im with
    you and and your metal street riding pedals 😄

    --
    sp4rky-m4rky

    you may be lucky but you make your own luck
    *)--540 Unispin-'O,*
    my 'Year in vid'
    (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NR_FRoOqHBI#GU5U2spHI_4)
    learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'unispin tutorial'
    (

    )
    Want to glide? watch my 'ww tutorial'
    (

    )
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sp4rky-m4rky's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14270
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  11. Cool, man! You got any tips on keeping your shoes intact? I think it's
    the draggin across that would damage them the most. So, if you minimize
    that you should be alright.

    I'll experiment with it tomorrow: my two main ideas are keeping the
    back foot on the side of the pedal and/or removing it early.

    I really like my shoes, don't wanna rip them.

    --
    ivan

    Just because you are not suffering from paranoia doesn't mean that they
    are not spying on you.entropy isn't what it used to be.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  12. Ive always done more damage to my shoes from the cranks than the pedals.
    Tho I usually ride with the K1 street cranks.

    Do you like your shoes more than unicycling? Just let em fall apart and
    be happy they helped you ride.😄

    --
    agentQ

    *)--SmallSpin-'O,*
    *)---TreFlip-'O,
    'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    agentQ's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13021
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  13. They're my last pair. If these two fall apart, there's no more
    unicycling(at least not with proper shoes) until I buy a new pair.

    And I'm a bit strapped for cash.

    I had qu-ax cranks rip up my shoes from doing crank-rolls. Moments seem
    to do zero damage to them.

    --
    ivan

    Just because you are not suffering from paranoia doesn't mean that they
    are not spying on you.entropy isn't what it used to be.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  14. Probailer2 said:

    ...I hopped on a 83cm ledge 🙂

    Peter M

    How long you been riding? Just wondering

    --
    Magixause

    Magixauce+Uni=</3
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Magixause's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15600
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  15. Magixause said:

    How long you been riding? Just wondering

    Like 2 and a half year.
    But I got a 24" for my first year, with that I could max jump 60cm.
    I'm happy if I get 90cm, anything higher isn't so much at competitions
    or you can just pedal it 🙄

    Peter M

    --
    Probailer2

    Sponsored by www.municycle.com

    ~o"o~Unicycle for fun~o"o~

    agentQ said:

    by the way, those trophies may be just pixles, but they represent,
    blood, sweat and tears.

    unicycledood said:

    Townsvile is where the powerpuff girls live 🙂


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  16. Well 2day i won $1k in a drawing contest and got the cheque in the mail
    and I'm so happy cause i gave 1/2 to my grandma to spend it on whatever
    she wants to spend it on. 😄

    --
    Hazmat

    1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
    CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
    IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

    😄 ' My kind of driving with my favourite car.'
    (

    ) 😄

    😄 'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
    (

    ) 😄
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  17. saskatchewanian said:

    Started slicing and dicing my TA

    The tire groover was a disappointment🙁

    Finished cutting up my TA

    I probably took 300g of rubber off and now have a tread that is more
    aggressive than the new nightrider tire.

    I should have done it months ago.

    --
    saskatchewanian

    phlegm said:

    The best way to overcome a mental block is to do a mental rolling hop
    over it. :p


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    saskatchewanian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14180
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  18. finished figuring out my uni design, and dimensions. W00T!! i hope to go
    my supplier soon (grandpas junk pile) to get some parts. gonna be
    fashioning some parts by myself for it

    --
    unibikeling

    unibikeling said:


    chrome said:

    Difficult to mount, but a fun ride once you get her going....

    -if only my unicycle was that dirty

    'lol...' (http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com)

    add me to your myspace! -'myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/gramwashere)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unibikeling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14752
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  19. well the other day...

    i tried for the first time (and landed on the first try) in to out 180
    spins.
    still no 360 but close. i also am getting closer to cranksflips

    the weather and my job makes my practice time limited🙁 , cant wait
    for spring and summer!😄

    --
    oneisenough

    Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong):p

    The UniSLAB said:

    Go big or go home, don worry about those little clown tricks called
    flips and wrap arounds. We don't dance with our uni's, we jump em


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    oneisenough's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14061
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  20. I made my first 40 cm vertical hop yesterday, and have been getting that
    height cleanly today (SI)
    I also learnt how to ride seat out back, not very helpful but amusing
    none-the-less

    --
    unidunc

    My first trials video

    Hey dude. how much do you want to bet i can ride a cycle no handed
    while pulling a wheelie for 100 meters?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unidunc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16535
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59184

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.