Re: Today I... (brag thread)

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by SkierAlex, Jun 22, 2008.

  1. SkierAlex

    SkierAlex Guest

    oneisenough wrote:
    > Not so much a brag...but today I did something I thought I would never
    > do...I broke my seat post...Now I can see the purpose of reinforced
    > posts:rolleyes:
    >
    > 'well its done and here's the link but it says you have to wait due to
    > so many uploads' (http://www.vimeo.com/1216419)

    I had a reinforced nimbus seatpost and I snapped it basically the same
    way you did. I guess aluminium can't cope with all the stress from
    pulling up on the seat all the time.

    Well today I got 270 unispins to the tyre! w00t. Was all about
    commiting. I owned myself a few times (let go of the seat), ouch. But I
    got it about 2 minutes after I started commiting.

    O and I got kick up mounts too. Pretty easy, but kool :)

    --
    SkierAlex

    '.' (http://tinyurl.com/5kbxhv)

  2. SkierAlex

    SkierAlex Guest

    I'm bragging for the second time today :D

    Well today was a great day. Here's a list of all the stuff I did for
    the first time.
    - 270 unispins to tyre
    - 180 unispins to seat in (first trick I've ever actually committed to
    landing seat in :p)
    - 360 unispins to seat in, before I was tryna land them seat in but
    catch the middle of the seat with my hands so I ended up sitting on my
    hands. Now I just catch the handle.
    - 50cm high rolling hop (w00t only 5cm less than my sidehop record :D)
    - kick up mount
    - 360 hop twist, well more of a 320 hoptwist but the most I could get
    before today was 270.

    I'm not scared of racking myself when landing tricks seat in now.
    That'll make crankflips much easier to learn.

    --
    SkierAlex

    '.' (http://tinyurl.com/5kbxhv)

  3. oneisenough

    oneisenough Guest

    SkierAlex wrote:
    > I'm bragging for the second time today :D
    >
    > Well today was a great day. Here's a list of all the stuff I did for
    > the first time.

    you did 360's before 270's?
    i can do 270's asy but for somereason cant get 3's STILL:mad:

    --
    oneisenough

    Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong):p
    'Youtube' (http://www.youtube.com/user/RookieFilming) 'Vimeo'
    (http://www.vimeo.com/user496125)

    The UniSLAB wrote:
    > Go big or go home, don worry about those little clown tricks called
    > flips and wrap arounds. We don't dance with our uni's, we jump em

    2nd Place*)---':D, 6ft Static Gap

  4. SkierAlex

    SkierAlex Guest

    oneisenough wrote:
    > you did 360's before 270's?
    > i can do 270's asy but for somereason cant get 3's STILL:mad:

    Yup I got 3spins first. I never even tried a 270 till I could 3. Being
    able to 360 made 270's real easy. Just had to commit.

    peleschramm wrote:
    > I landed a in-in treydoubleflip on a 16 inch today.

    Can you tre double on a 20"?

    --
    SkierAlex

    '.' (http://tinyurl.com/5kbxhv)