Re: Top Chef on BRAVO

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ubiquitous, Mar 14, 2006.

  1. Ubiquitous

    Ubiquitous Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    >Bravo feeds the senses this March with "Top Chef," a new reality competition
    >series celebrating the culinary arts with a fascinating window into the
    >competitive, pressurized environment of world-class cookery and the
    >restaurant business at the highest level. The ten-episode, one-hour series
    >will feature twelve aspiring chefs who will put their culinary skills to the
    >test for the chance to earn the prestigious title of "Top Chef."

    You know, I've been thinking about "Top Chef" on Bravo and "Next Food Network
    Star" on FoodTV, and it really is telling that when it decided to use the
    "Choose one star out of many hopefuls" format popularized by The Apprentice
    and ANTM, it didn't choose to pick a great chef, it chose to pick a TV
    personality. It really shows where their priorities are.