Re: Top Posting challenge January Update

patte

Guest
All points well taken. I guess I'm in the minority when I say I really don't
want to read everyone's replies over and over again when they're quoted.

The little plus and minus signs (+ / - ) in my reader make it possible for
me to expand a thread & read only the messages I choose to read. My
attention span and powers of retention are good enough that I don't need to
then have everything quoted to me again and again as the replies pour in. If
I were to read a top-post and not get what the author was saying, I don't
think it would kill me to scroll down & see what the original message was.

At any rate, unless bottom-posting becomes a law, I'll probably continue to
post the way I always do. Those who choose to do so can just skip reading my
posts.

Patte
217.6/210.0/199.0

news:[email protected]...

"patte" <[email protected]> wrote in message

|| At any rate, unless bottom-posting becomes a law, I'll probably
|| continue to post the way I always do. Those who choose to do so can
|| just skip reading my posts.
Thanks, I'll do that. Why would anyone want to try to wade through screwed
up threads toi read something posted by someone who's too lazy to do it
right? Do you read books from the bottom of the page to the top too?
--
Peter
270/219/180

Sometimes.

--
You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

"marengo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "patte" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> || At any rate, unless bottom-posting becomes a law, I'll probably
> || continue to post the way I always do. Those who choose to do so can
> || just skip reading my posts.
> Thanks, I'll do that. Why would anyone want to try to wade through
> screwed
> up threads toi read something posted by someone who's too lazy to do it
> right? Do you read books from the bottom of the page to the top too?
> --
> Peter
> 270/219/180
> website: http://users.thelink.net/marengo

I read the newspaper from back to front.

In news:DjkJd.375$1X.40@lakeread07,
marengo <[email protected]> stated
| Thanks, I'll do that. Why would anyone want to try to wade through
| screwed up threads toi read something posted by someone who's too
| lazy to do it right? Do you read books from the bottom of the page
| to the top too? --
| Peter
| 270/219/180
| website: http://users.thelink.net/marengo

that's call speed reading. you can do it upside down, in a vertical line, in
the figure of eight, or in a wave line, or whatever. have you not read tony
buzan's book?