Re: Tortolita Mountains (Unbelievably Long)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by spademan o---[\) *, Aug 12, 2004.

  1. "Tlacatecatl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I posted here a few times last summer and fall, then got busy and haven¹t
    > been around. I used to like reading the Ride Reports, so I thought I would
    > post one, sort of. The RR¹s I¹ve read were about a single ride, but this

    is
    > about the series of rides I¹ve taken over the past few years in the

    Tortolita
    > Mtns, ~20 miles north of Tucson.

    Snip

    > I¹ve got a Yahoo site where you can see some of my ride pics. It¹s a

    general
    > collection of Sonoran Desert photos, most of which were taken on my rides,
    > but only some of which actually show trails and surrounding terrain, and

    the
    > trail photos are pretty well mixed in throughout. The URL below will put

    you
    > into the slideshow, where you can let it chug along, fast forward to the
    > actual trail pics, or back out to the thumbnails.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/24jr3

    Outstanding. I watched the whole slideshow with a mixture of awe and envy.

    Steve.

    Tags:

  2. bomba

    bomba Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:

    > Outstanding. I watched the whole slideshow with a mixture of awe and envy.

    That's the second time in as many weeks that you've cooed over foreign
    trails. Getting itchy feet?

  3. "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > spademan o---[) * wrote:
    >
    > > Outstanding. I watched the whole slideshow with a mixture of awe and

    envy.

    > That's the second time in as many weeks that you've cooed over foreign
    > trails. Getting itchy feet?

    Not at all, I can admire foreign scenery without actually wanting to ride
    it...
    In this case I was more impressed by the variety of wildlife and with the
    authors obvious knowledge and photographic skill than the trails themselves.

    Would be nice to pop over the pond and kick JD's ass sometime though.

    Steve.

  4. pas

    pas Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]
    >> spademan o---[) * wrote:
    >>
    >>> Outstanding. I watched the whole slideshow with a mixture of awe
    >>> and envy.

    >> That's the second time in as many weeks that you've cooed over
    >> foreign trails. Getting itchy feet?

    > Not at all, I can admire foreign scenery without actually wanting to
    > ride it...
    > In this case I was more impressed by the variety of wildlife and with
    > the authors obvious knowledge and photographic skill than the trails
    > themselves.
    >
    > Would be nice to pop over the pond and kick JD's ass sometime though.
    >
    > Steve.

    bwahaha, you owe me a cup of coffee and a keyboard for that one...

    penny

  5. pas

    pas Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]
    >> spademan o---[) * wrote:
    >>
    >>> Outstanding. I watched the whole slideshow with a mixture of awe
    >>> and envy.

    >> That's the second time in as many weeks that you've cooed over
    >> foreign trails. Getting itchy feet?

    > Not at all, I can admire foreign scenery without actually wanting to
    > ride it...
    > In this case I was more impressed by the variety of wildlife and with
    > the authors obvious knowledge and photographic skill than the trails
    > themselves.
    >
    > Would be nice to pop over the pond and kick JD's ass sometime though.
    >
    > Steve.

    bwahaha, you owe me a cup of coffee and a keyboard for that one...

    penny

  6. pas

    pas Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]
    >> spademan o---[) * wrote:
    >>
    >>> Outstanding. I watched the whole slideshow with a mixture of awe
    >>> and envy.

    >> That's the second time in as many weeks that you've cooed over
    >> foreign trails. Getting itchy feet?

    > Not at all, I can admire foreign scenery without actually wanting to
    > ride it...
    > In this case I was more impressed by the variety of wildlife and with
    > the authors obvious knowledge and photographic skill than the trails
    > themselves.
    >
    > Would be nice to pop over the pond and kick JD's ass sometime though.
    >
    > Steve.

    bwahaha, you owe me a cup of coffee and a keyboard for that one...

    penny

  7. "pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:p[email protected]

    > >> That's the second time in as many weeks that you've cooed over
    > >> foreign trails. Getting itchy feet?

    > > Not at all, I can admire foreign scenery without actually wanting to
    > > ride it...
    > > In this case I was more impressed by the variety of wildlife and with
    > > the authors obvious knowledge and photographic skill than the trails
    > > themselves.
    > >
    > > Would be nice to pop over the pond and kick JD's ass sometime though.
    > >
    > > Steve.

    > bwahaha, you owe me a cup of coffee and a keyboard for that one...
    > penny

    I forgot the smiley, or did I?

    Anyway you obviously have not seen the back-up plan involving substances
    found in Shauns kitchen cupboard...

    Steve.

  8. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "spademan o---[) *"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > "pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > > > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:p[email protected]

    > > > Not at all, I can admire foreign scenery without actually wanting to
    > > > ride it...
    > > > In this case I was more impressed by the variety of wildlife and with
    > > > the authors obvious knowledge and photographic skill than the trails
    > > > themselves.
    > > >
    > > > Would be nice to pop over the pond and kick JD's ass sometime though.
    > > >
    > > > Steve.

    > > bwahaha, you owe me a cup of coffee and a keyboard for that one...
    > > penny

    > I forgot the smiley, or did I?
    >
    > Anyway you obviously have not seen the back-up plan involving substances
    > found in Shauns kitchen cupboard...

    Heheheh, yeah, the one with the gas and 'leccy meters in it is full of all
    sorts of...interesting things that could make a dead man fast,
    heheheheh...Ahem!

    Shaun aRe - Might not work for you though Steve...