Re: Tour of Britain

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Bennett, Sep 5, 2005.

  1. John Hearns wrote:
    > I went to see the final stage today.
    >
    > There was a big crash on the last lap, right in front of me.
    > It really wasn't a good thing to see, and I'd rather not see another
    > one thankyou.

    I heard it, I was getting an ice cream for the little one and came over to
    see the aftermath. One of the Barloworld riders seemed to come out of it
    pretty badly. I spent most of the race on the back straight by the
    intermediate sprint. A good spot in a sunny patch by one of the emergency
    routes on to the course. Got some reasonable shots. Will post them when I
    have a home (currently living out of a suitcase).

    On the way back to Waterloo, we shared the Jubilee Bridge lifts with a
    Geordie couple who happened to be Rob Hayles' parents in law. I didn't
    realise I knew his dad, too -- he runs the training sessions at the
    Mountbatten track in Portsmouth.

    Tags:

  2. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:14:25 +0100, Simon Bennett wrote:

    > I heard it, I was getting an ice cream for the little one and came over to
    > see the aftermath.

    I talked to you - guy in the black and white Rapha top.

  3. John Hearns wrote:

    > I talked to you - guy in the black and white Rapha top.

    Really? Where?

  4. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:55:36 +0100, Simon Bennett wrote:

    >> I talked to you - guy in the black and white Rapha top.

    > Really? Where?

    I talked to someone at the end of the race, who was giving an ice-cream
    to a lovely little girl. Whoever it was was hard at work removing the
    ice-cream from face and hands!

  5. John Hearns wrote:

    > I talked to someone at the end of the race, who was giving an
    > ice-cream to a lovely little girl. Whoever it was was hard at work
    > removing the ice-cream from face and hands!

    Definitely not me, I was there with my son. I was having a hard time getting
    the ice cream off his hands and face -- this is integral to all
    child/ice-cream combinations. And he is, undoubtedly, lovely.

  6. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Simon Bennett wrote:
    > John Hearns wrote:
    >

    >>I talked to you - guy in the black and white Rapha top.

    > Really? Where?

    Reminds me of a world reknown medical friend of mine, "A", who borrowed
    the name badge of a friend to get into a conference. He was buttonholed
    by an individual who he didn't know from Adam who told him all about how
    he was a great friend and collaborator of A's. Eventually my friend was
    asked whether he knew A to which he replied "I think my mother might
    know him"

    --
    Tony

    Anon