Re: Track racing aero question

Andy Coggan

Guest
"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> BUT all these are calculations mostly about wind drag on the bicycle and
> rider
> and none take into account the riders conditioning, state of mind and body
> for
> say, 10 days in a row. Ya see, these 'calculations' assume that the
> rider's
> output is constant, and with a body, it never is.

Unless you're proposing that there is some interaction between "...the
riders conditioning, state of mind and body..." and the shape of the tubing,
etc., then my reply is, so what? That is, your comment is basically a
non-sequitor.

Andy Coggan

Andy-<< Unless you're proposing that there is some interaction between "...the
riders conditioning, state of mind and body..." and the shape of the tubing,
etc., then my reply is, so what? That is, your comment is basically a
non-sequitor. >><BR><BR>

I say-My point is that all the numbers acheived in a wind tunnel about various
equipment should be taken with a pound or so of salt. I know marketeers need to
put a number on some of this stuff(SAVES 3 seconds per Km), but it all really
depends. Like a teammate of Eddy Merckx once said, "Eddy can win on my bike, I
can't win on his".

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.