Re: Trailer Bike info

flyingdutch

Guest
cool

I have a Adam's trailer which both my girls love (altho the 9yr old is
too big and my 5yr old is getting too good on her own now)

was really cool when they were younger just riding with them and I earnt
major brownie points with the girls "Lets go to the shops". I wanna go
with daddy!" and riding with Matilda to school/creche when i was working
from home.

I cant complain really about any noticeable play in the linkage, and
mine usuallyy goes onto my mtb-commuter. wish had got one with gears tho
as my territory is very hilly and the supplied gear on the trailer is
HUGE! especially for a kid

One of my (many) must-gets is a tandem now; altho i suspect that will
mean towing the wife about (altho she is tempting me with european
holiday on said tandem... )

--

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:42:31 +0000, flyingdutch wrote:

> One of my (many) must-gets is a tandem now; altho i suspect that will
> mean towing the wife about (altho she is tempting me with european
> holiday on said tandem... )

We're considering this, but flying with a tandem
seems pretty nightmareish. You'd just about have to dismantle
the bugger to get it into any sort of bike box. Mind-you
carrying a pair of wrapped/boxed bikes around an airport isn't
much fun either.

You gonna take the kids ?

I rode my half-bike + trailer-bike + trailer on the weekend.
Only did a 22k bikepath (Katia's first significant test-ride on
the trailer bike). I thought it would be quite difficult to turn,
but being doubly-articulated(sp?), it turned somewhat as easily
as the tandem.

Our biggest problem on the tandem is that Larissa seems to prefer a
lower cadence than me. Sheldon's reckons that smaller crank arms on
the front(?) fixes this a little... not sure myself.

-kt