General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Training Week Ending May 14, 2006

Started by Parker Race · · Last activity · 1 post · 242 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
15 May 2006
Last activity
15 May 2006
Original author
Parker Race
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
242
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Phil M. said:
    Doug Freese said:

    "Phil M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Parker Race wrote:

    >Sorry to hear that. I have had some bouts of this this year but have
    >been able to avoid it getting bad enough to have to take time off.
    >I've found that really intense massaging the [censored] oot of the muscle
    >and stretching it a lot seems to have really helped. Do you think
    >it's
    >related to the race?

    Could be. I did take sevaral days off after the 50. It's possible that
    even though I was feeling recovered, there may have been some
    lingering
    problems.

    Phil, I'm surprised at you. 😉

    Thank you sir! May I have another!

    Quoted message said:

    FWIW, I hardly run a step for week after a 50. If anything I may do
    some easy flat short bike rides or walk with my bride. I may run every
    other day the second week and seldom more than 4-6 miles. On the third
    week I may start to ramp back up depending on what is on my schedule.

    Now start a real recovery and get healed.

    Thanks. Doing that now. Mentally, it's hard for me not to be running.
    Running is not a chore for me, no motivation required. It's hard to get
    motivated to go home and sit on the recliner.

    The leg is feeling a little better today (honest). I might try going on
    a walk today to test things out. I gotta do something.


    Do you have a road bike? I was able to ride when I had a serious bout
    last Fall.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.