Re: Tri Book Recommendation

Anu Vaidyanathan

Guest
If you are trying to train for a longer distance (half-ironman, ironman),
I really liked Gordo's "Going Long". It has an excellent section on
Nutrition. Much loved that book.

Good luck with the bike (I truly think that once you can't get off your
bike is the point when "its time" for an IM or 1/2 IM).

cheers
-aV

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Dave Hallsworth wrote:

> Sorry if this has been posted a million times before.
>
> I'm looking for a reasonably advanced multisport book that spends most of
> its time talking about training. I've picked up a few in book shops, and
> most of them seem to cater for the 'couch potato wanting to do a sprint tri'
> crowd, which is fair enough, just not applicable to me (competitive runner,
> ex-competitive swimmer, pants at bike!). Though I am new myself (no tri
> races yet), I'm looking for something with specific swim drills, hill work
> for cycling, etc, and less of the motivational waffle.
>
> I took a quick glance at 'Serious training for endurance athletes', which
> looked OK - anyone read this?
>
> Many thanks,
> David

Oxygen, the anti-drug